Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

"Enjoy the go!

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Honeyman

"Enjoy the go!

Post by Honeyman » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm

Have you seen this commercial? It's for Charmin, a bunch of animated bears, and the tag line is "Enjoy the go!"

I gotta believe whatever person or team that has the Charmin account at their ad agency is very well-paid, and the best they could come up with is, "Enjoy the go!"? What didn't make the cut? "Have a great dump!"? or "Best shit ever!"?

The censorship king from out of state.

Bryce

Re: "Enjoy the go!

Post by Bryce » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:36 pm

"Just Poo It" would have gotten them in legal trouble.

New York and Chicago were all in with respect to their sanctuary status — until they were hit with the challenge of actually providing sanctuary. In other words, typical liberal hypocrisy.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:52 pm

That reminds me of my favorite Tampax tampon slogan:

"We may not be number one, but we're up there"

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Radio Chili

Post by Radio Chili » Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:57 pm

IMHO, Charmin ads have been dopey, rather sickening and almost vulgar for some time now! Can't stand to see them enough that I will turn the channel when they start.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm

Who knew that toilet paper was something that needed to be advertised?

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:53 am

Try Scott brand NOT Charmin because there is a lot more paper!! I'm gonna take a whiz!!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:01 am

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:11 am

Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm
Hey, don't squeeze the Charmin!

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:10 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:11 am
Mega Hertz wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:26 pm
Hey, don't squeeze the Charmin!
EXACTLY! An iconic advertisement from 50+ years ago that audiophile references, and everybody still remembers or knows about. It took some creativity and thought to selling the particular product, and was done with taste and success. Compare that with "Enjoy the go".

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:49 am

Ever notice they alternate the colour of the bears between red and blue, based on the 'strong' or 'soft' feature of the product? :barf

I'm sure that is aligned with the colour of the packaging, not any subliminal US political slant.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm
Have you seen this commercial? It's for Charmin, a bunch of animated bears, and the tag line is "Enjoy the go!"
You must have been living under a rock. This has been their tag line for perhaps as long as ten years.
I've really wanted them to somehow work in a reference to the age old question "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?" Which, come to think of it, might be the subtle reason for the bear characters in the first place.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:39 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:20 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 pm
You must have been living under a rock. This has been their tag line for perhaps as long as ten years.
I've really wanted them to somehow work in a reference to the age old question "Does a bear sh*t in the woods?" Which, come to think of it, might be the subtle reason for the bear characters in the first place.
:lol: Honestly, I have been home during the day with various contractors in and outside the house so I have daytime TV on which I never do. They must run those then, because they and that tag line was brand new to me.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:49 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:20 pm
Longer...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-are-t ... o-tell-us/

Apparently, I was wrong earlier...
Charmin is also using its bears to exploit the insidious red-state-blue-state divide. For example, the ultra-conservative red bear pushes Charmin's Ultra-Strong tissue -- which leaves fewer pieces behind. The take-no-prisoners (or pieces) red bear is bent on eradicating evil in the world -- chasing its young over woods and field to forcibly pluck every last t.p. blob from its behind.

Sweet and even mushy-brained, the blue bear sees compassion as his number one (and number two) job. Tolerant of toilet paper blobs -- and other blots on the civic landscape such as open-handed government spending and unmown lawns, the blue bear has an obvious allure to Democrats, trade unionists -- and conservationists; one blue-bear TV spot claims that people will "enjoy going more while using less" -- ostensibly saving a ton of trees.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic