Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Cannibus lowers COVID risk

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
TC Talks

Cannibus lowers COVID risk

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:11 pm

:hat I've been self medicating and COVID free. Maybe BMW should add edibles to his non-vaxing regiment...
A groundbreaking new study out of two Oregon universities has identified an unusual naturally-occuring substance as a promising tool to prevent COVID-19 infections: cannabis.

Published in the peer-reviewed Journal of Natural Products, the study identified three cannabis compounds—non-psychoactive precursors found in the plant before it’s converted into the stuff that gets you high—as being notably effective at blocking the entry of SARS-COV-2 into human cells by glomming onto the virus’s spike protein. The study is an early sign that cannabis could be an effective tool in the arsenal of global coronavirus responses; but with piecemeal laws and pushback from federal agencies, the future of cannabis in COVID-19 treatment remains unknown.
Vice

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

audiophile

Re: Cannibus lowers COVID risk

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:18 pm

Only a silly goose like you would publish that fake news. Debunked:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sorry ... d=msedgntp

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm

Actually it's a very legitimate study that is supported with significantly data. It's only debunked in the anti vaxxer tabloid sites.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm
Actually it's a very legitimate study that is supported with significantly data. It's only debunked in the anti vaxxer tabloid sites.
Complete baloney! Popular Sci is a taboid?

My guess is you own part of a Pot dispensary, hence the interest in promoting this idea.

https://www.popsci.com/science/marijuan ... nst-covid/

These jokes and celebrations are misguided—the study shows no evidence that smoking weed or consuming CBD gummies and other popular hemp products can protect or prevent COVID-19.

“We have no reason to think that smoking weed protects you…Smoking anything isn’t a good idea during a pandemic that affects the lungs,” Peter Grinspoon, a physician at Massachusetts General Hospital and instructor at Harvard Medical School who regularly writes about cannabis, told Forbes. Plus, “these compounds would need to be tested in animals, then in humans, and actually demonstrated to be effective against COVID. This is a long way off, assuming they work, which is by no means guaranteed,” he said. “I don’t think many molecules at that level actually pan out into functional medicines.”

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:23 am

I can introduce you to three users who are all recovering from Covid.

kager

Post by kager » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 am

audiophile wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:16 am
TC Talks wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:21 pm
Actually it's a very legitimate study that is supported with significantly (sic) data. It's only debunked in the anti vaxxer tabloid sites.
Complete baloney!

My guess is you own part of a Pot dispensary, hence the interest in promoting this idea.
What the hell is 'Cannibus'?

"It's the wonder drug that works wonders."

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:10 pm

Actually the variant that is in the study is a raw form of the plant. Thus, smoking it makes this treatment inert. There is no baloney involved.

This type of cannibus is usually dosed in drops.

And as much as it would be a smart business investment, I am not financially involved with the sale of cannibus in any form.

― Noam Chomsky

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:10 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:10 pm
Actually the variant that is in the study is a raw form of the plant. Thus, smoking it makes this treatment inert. There is no baloney involved.

This type of cannibus is usually dosed in drops.

And as much as it would be a smart business investment, I am not financially involved with the sale of cannibus in any form.
Wrong again:
These jokes and celebrations are misguided—the study shows no evidence that smoking weed or consuming CBD gummies and other popular hemp products can protect or prevent COVID-19. CBGA and CBDA, the cannabis compounds mentioned in the research, are precursors to the compounds actually found in cannabis products:

CBDA and CGBA also degrade at high temperatures, ruling out smoking as a way to ingest the chemicals. If these compounds were to actually become medicinal products, far down the line, they would have to be taken orally, probably as pills.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:56 am

Another One Rides The Canni-BUS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79QxturUolo

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Deleted User 9015

Post by Deleted User 9015 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:08 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:18 pm
Only a silly goose like you would publish that fake news. Debunked:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/sorry ... d=msedgntp
Stupid question: If TC Talks' quote mentioned 3 compounds and the video you linked to only mentioned 2 compounds, are you sure that your source is even talking about the same thing as his?

kager

Post by kager » Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:12 pm

Stupid is correct.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic