Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
Turkeytop

Re: Alec Baldwin shoots and kills a 42-year old woman

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:26 pm

A polite society keeps loaded guns around and forgets they're loaded.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 am

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:28 pm

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am

matt1 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:49 am
Father & son come to Santa Fe: https://www.tmz.com/2021/10/23/halyna-h ... l-baldwin/
Thanks for posting all your tmz links to this important story.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:14 am

NO problem!!

Deleted User 14896

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:07 am

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am
Do yourself a favor and don't open up the TMZ links. Like Yahoo, very intrusive website.
My Black Ice Defender has a fit anytime I open either website.

kager

Post by kager » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 am

Mike Oxlong wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:07 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:38 am
Do yourself a favor and don't open up the TMZ links. Like Yahoo, very intrusive website.
My Black Ice Defender has a fit anytime I open either website.
Oh, I'd bet all in that he doesn't click those TMZ links :)

Good advice, anyway. Though I've been there (once), and it doesn't appear any more intrusive to me than 9 out of 10 ad-saddled TV and radio web sites here in da mitt.

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:42 pm

I'm not ready to say "throw the book!" at Alec Baldwin, but I'm not ready to exonerate him, either. My understanding is this movie was his production, he was the boss, and allegedly prior reports of safety issues on set were disregarded.

Even if he has no criminal culpability, it is very possible he committed one or more torts for which he should be held financially liable.

I also would not completely rule out the notion of someone intentionally sabotaging Baldwin.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 pm

MW,

Each production is established as a corporation or partnership. Baldwin will not be personally liable regardless of what attempts might take place.

The A. D. is going to risk criminal charges.
Detectives are still interviewing people who were on the set, Ms. Carmack-Altwies said. “It’s probably weeks, if not months, of follow-up investigation that we’re going to need to get to the point of charging.”

Ms. Carmack-Altwies said that she was aware of news reports suggesting that crew members had used guns with live ammunition for target practice hours before the fatal shooting, but said that the reports were “unconfirmed.”
NY Times

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MichMash

Post by MichMash » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:04 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:59 pm

Each production is established as a corporation or partnership. Baldwin will not be personally liable regardless of what attempts might take place.

The A. D. is going to risk criminal charges.
The state of New Mexico is currently very popular as a filming location for Hollywood productions, and it's big business there. The New Mexico AG will need to tread carefully in order to properly investigate and charge individual responsibility for the shooting while not directly implicating any studio or production entity. If the AG is overzealous in filing charges in order to get something to stick, studios might find alternatives to filming there. If studio productions leave the state and the local economy suffers as a result, the AG could then be blamed for it. It's going to be a real balancing act. Due to the Baldwin connection and his name recognition, this story thankfully will have legs in the media for a good long time. I don't see it getting swept under a rug anytime soon.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:29 pm

If Baldwin isn't legally liable for a homicide he certainly is morally responsible. Somebody telling you a gun is unloaded IS NEVER NEVER NEVER an acceptable excuse for pulling the trigger. You always need to confirm. Either you physically check it yourself or watch somebody check it before they hand it to you.

I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic