Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 25 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Name The Beer 2.1

A place to talk about any topic on your mind (non-broadcasting related). General conversation.
User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:21 pm

Image

I apologize for posting this one, about a month ago. I apologize even more for buying it and drinking it. I've just learned that it was brewed by scabs. Molson employees have been locked out since February 20 and replaced by scabs. >:

I still had two cans left in the fridge. I just now dumped them.


https://www.marxist.ca/article/molson-l ... on-busting


After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.

User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8596
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:59 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:21 pm
Image

I apologize for posting this one, about a month ago. I apologize even more for buying it and drinking it. I've just learned that it was brewed by scabs. Molson employees have been locked out since February 20 and replaced by scabs. >:

I still had two cans left in the fridge. I just now dumped them.


https://www.marxist.ca/article/molson-l ... on-busting
How exactly do you know the scabs brewed it?



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:04 pm

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:59 pm

How exactly do you know the scabs brewed it?

I bought it March 6. The scabs had already been running loose in there since Feb 22.

There's a possibility it may have been shipped out of the plant a few days prior to Feb 22, but I wont be taking any chances. :barf


After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.

User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8596
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:12 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:04 pm
Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:59 pm

How exactly do you know the scabs brewed it?

I bought it March 6. The scabs had already been running loose in there since Feb 22.

There's a possibility it may have been shipped out of the plant a few days prior to Feb 22, but I wont be taking any chances. :barf
You could actually have called their 800 number and asked what the production date was using the code on the bottom of the can. Would have saved perfectly good beer potentially.



User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:15 pm

Even if the date had cleared it I couldn't have enjoyed drinking it.

It said on the can "Union Made." I bet they're still telling that lie.


I'll buy Labatts. It is Union made right here in my home town.
Last edited by Turkeytop on Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.


After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.

User avatar
Rate This
Posts: 8596
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:17 am

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Rate This » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:30 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:15 pm
I wouldn't even want to talk to such a sleazy employer. Even if the date cleared it I couldn't have enjoyed drinking it.

It said on the can "Union Made." I bet they're still telling that lie.


I'll buy Labatts. It is Union made right here in my home town.
You never know.. it might have been better beer. It probably takes weeks to get from canning to your store. They have to sell what they have before they take more in and everything.



kager
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by kager » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:52 pm

Image


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Turkeytop
Posts: 5975
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 pm

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Turkeytop » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm

Wild guess.

Paulener Wheat Beer?


After all is said and done, usually more is said than done.

kager
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by kager » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:04 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:59 pm
Wild guess.

Paulener Wheat Beer?
Wheat beer? Yes.

Paulaner? No.

Hint: Comes from the same country as Paulaner.


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Robert Faygo
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:26 pm
Location: Van Down By The River
Contact:

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Robert Faygo » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:13 pm

Image


Wellllll... la de frickin da

kager
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by kager » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:22 pm

Bing!

Image

It was over 50F here today, so tried to pretend a summer beer was appropriate. From what I'm hearing on tomorrow's forecast, though, I may have to delve back into winter suds this week. And fewer hints on future posts... :blink


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

User avatar
Bryce
Posts: 5013
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:04 pm

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by Bryce » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 pm

kager wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:22 pm
I may have to delve back into winter suds this week.
I still have a few bottles of that dopplebock someone recommended to me in the bar fridge. Stop on over.


BLM - Buying Large Mansions

kager
Posts: 546
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:10 pm
Location: GPS lost

Re: Name The Beer 2.1

Post by kager » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:27 am

Bryce wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:52 pm
kager wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:22 pm
I may have to delve back into winter suds this week.
I still have a few bottles of that dopplebock someone recommended to me in the bar fridge. Stop on over.
Thank you. If the opp ever arises, I will do that.

May even bring some recently acquired Privat along for dessert. :blink


"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic