Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CHYR Radio 7 Leamington

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Ben Zonia

Re: CHYR Radio 7 Leamington

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:07 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 7:51 am
Note that "Misery" by the Dynamics was #8 on this CJSP chart. It reached #1 on WJBK. The song was stolen by the predecessors of The Who, in "Zoot Suit", same song, different theme and lyrics. The late Terry Knight had connections with WJBK, CKLW, and with entertainers in the UK, which might explain them hearing it. The Dynamics evolved by the late 1960s with "The Ice Cream Song", reaching #8 on CKLW, and "Ain't No Love At All", which reached #23 on CKLW, but no Hot 100 appearance. The Dynamics are a vastly underrated group.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic