Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

John Records Landecker - WLS 1978 Aircheck

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
audiophile

John Records Landecker - WLS 1978 Aircheck

Post by audiophile » Fri May 05, 2023 9:23 pm

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

windsor

Re: John Records Landecker - WLS 1978 Aircheck

Post by windsor » Sun May 07, 2023 10:11 am

Some my best memories of the middle 70s were of listening to WLS and John Landecker it used to come in about 7pm at night sometimes earlier and what a fantastic listen the jocks like Landecker and Jeff Davis would fill in at times gave the listener.

If u wanted to be a jock this was the station to study as stations like the Big8 kind of lost theyre swagger about 1976 and up. WLS was the 50.000 watt monster back then.

WLS had 5 million listeners a night for Landeckers show across north america and made tons of cash on national brands advertisers.

It waa a magical time for those who remember music radio WLS Chicago . The jingle is embedded in my memory.

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Ben Zonia

Re: John Records Landecker - WLS 1978 Aircheck

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun May 07, 2023 11:44 am

Anyone have an air check of John as "Dow Jones" on WTRX in the Summer of 1966? In his autobiography, "Records Truly Is My Middle Name", he reveals that he regarded WTRX as his first true Top 40 gig, though he did news on WOIA around that time, and some carrier current shifts. Despite popular belief, the air check of him doing a newscast with Art Vuolo as the DJ on WOIA was in 1967, as the news about the Six Day War confirms.

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic