Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Apology Line on WCHB

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Mr.Transistor

Apology Line on WCHB

Post by Mr.Transistor » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:55 pm

Does anybody remember the apology line on WCHB ? I can't remember if it was like an hour long show or the exact duration but it used to be on during the week at night on WCHB back in 1983 or 1984. My brother and I used to call the station and make up funny apologies. What is of course funny about it is we are not black we are white but we used our impersonation skills to "fit in" with the show. The screener always let us on so we must have been somewhat credible. Besides us jackasses calling into the show, it was actually pretty good and it was typically younger people that would call in. I don't know how long they ran that show on but we had some fun with it.

thatguy

Re: Apology Line on WCHB

Post by thatguy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:20 pm

Ah yes, the Apology line with JT Hall. I used to call in every week when I was a kid. Even though I was only 10 and really had no one to apologize to. I just wanted to be on the radio.

"Turn off that bulls**t! Turn off that mother f***kin' radio!"

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic