Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RIP Jerome the Giraffe and Rust the Rooster

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Some Guy from Toledo

Re: RIP Jerome the Giraffe and Rust the Rooster

Post by Some Guy from Toledo » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:10 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 pm
WOHO wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:53 am
The show was on CH9 Windsor, so there are a few 50-somethings in Toledo that know that recorder song as the drawbridge goes up and down and the Friendly Giant invites you to pick a chair.... speaking of which, is that a specific song and is there a copy of it somewhere?
It is a very old English folk song known as Early One Morning.

The same song was performed on BBC Television Service color TV test programs using 405-line tests demonstrating color TV using NTSC-A (though they chose PAL-I on UHF in the end).
I recall the song showed up in an animated cinema ad for Esso gasoline as well in the UK. Sadly it's been removed from YouTube so I can't link it here.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic