Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Worst TV Clowns in The 60s and 70’s

Here's your place to reminisce about classic radio and television. Want to share memories of The Big 8? How about J.P. McCarthy? Do it here!
Deleted User 14803

Worst TV Clowns in The 60s and 70’s

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:47 pm

My picks are Bozo on CKLW Channel 9 and Milky the Clown 🤡 On WWJ Channel 4 one more but he’s not really a clown ,Mr.Rogers that dude was wierd now how many sweaters and 👞 loafers can one guy own and What was the deal with Mr. McFeely?

sfpcc

Re: Worst TV Clowns in The 60s and 70’s

Post by sfpcc » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Actually the worst clown ever was probably John Wayne Gacey. I've also always have had certain dislike for Ronald McDonald.

I tend to looks at MR Rogers this way. He is someone whose program I've out grown a very long time ago, but I respect what he did. The documentary Wont You Be My Neighbor is really good.

Does anyone out there remember Oopsy?

Deleted User 14803

Post by Deleted User 14803 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:54 pm

I do remember Oopsy ,he was also on WWJ-TV.

sfpcc

Post by sfpcc » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:53 am

Oopsy was Bob McNea who was previously Detroit's Bozo. Bozo has an interesting history.

GREATLAKESVET

Post by GREATLAKESVET » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:01 pm

"Mr. Patches" who aired briefly (Thank God for small favors) on Sunday Mornings on WXYZ-TV. I believe he was replaced by the "Hot Fudge" show, which had more success. And then there was the mid-day fiasco that aired on WKBD under the name "Cousin' Cyrus", a stereotypical farmer/hick with coveralls, an uber-plaid shirt, old combat boots painted yellow and a straw western-style hat that just screamed, "put me on something more admirable, like a scarecrow." I'm not sure if this was a local production or one that was shared among the Kaiser Broadcasting stations. But I saw just how unpopular he was when our elementary school went to the Shrine Circus at the Michigan State Fairgrounds arena. Cousin Cyrus was introduced to the audience by the ringmaster. All I could hear other kids say after the introduction was "Who?" "Go home, Cousin Cyrus!" "Don't Come Back!" It was shortly after that the show faded off into obscurity.

Great Lakes Vet

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:29 am

I started a thread about Milky the clown, eeek!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic