Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Televes Hi-VHF Yagi

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Televes Hi-VHF Yagi

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:59 pm

Televes makes good stuff. Antenna Man on YouTube has gotten impressive results with their products.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:01 pm

I still say I am skeptical of any manufacturer who uses peak dBi gain figures as opposed to dBd gain on each channel. Even worse are manufacturers promoting amplified gain instead of antenna gain, and not pointing out the limitations of nondirectional receiving antennas. There is no such thing as an isotropic antenna.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

jimh

Post by jimh » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:09 am

To update the performance of the Televes Hi-VHF yagi for reception of CBET-9 in Windsor at my location in Bingham Farms, the return of cold air temperatures and loss of foliage on the trees has improved reception to the point where the indicated SNR is now typically 19 to 20 dB as given in the signal diagnostic screen of my Sony Bravia 4K television receiver.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Mon Dec 11, 2023 12:58 am

Here's one from Stellar Labs.

https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/2923396.pdf

I have the same problem with CBET 9 in the T3N townships. With a Archer Antennacraft V-90, it comes in in the Winter but it is intermittent at best in the Summer. I have a 4 Bay UHF Bowtie which had the same problem with WFUM-TV 28 when it was still operating.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

jimh

Post by jimh » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:32 am

BEN ZONIA—you should buy that long boom 14-element Hi-VHF yagi, install it, and report on the signal strengths you are getting from CBET-9 in Windsor in a new thread you can start about that other antenna. Give readers all the details.

In this thread I have been reporting on the Televes antenna. If you start a new thread you can tell us all about the different antenna that you bought and installed and measured its performance over several months in varying conditions. A report from you like that would be very useful.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic