Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tropo over lake MI

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
hunterw

Tropo over lake MI

Post by hunterw » Sun Jul 10, 2022 1:31 pm

Todays Must be a good day to live near lake Michigan with an fm radio. Chicago stations are booming in this morning. Was picking up HD signals from 95.5, 101.1, and 103.5. Currently Q101(WKQX) is coming in HD while analog is WIXX.

Has anyone been in a location where the dominant station is only broadcasting in analog while the weaker station is also in HD. Hence being able to listen to them both anytime.

weathernut

Re: Tropo over lake MI

Post by weathernut » Mon Jul 18, 2022 5:55 am

Sunday morning I was making a trip from Rockford Illinois to Duck Lake area in western Muskegon county. Many of the same captures that you had I also had. 102.9 WHQG was coming in over WYHA into Saugatuck and were fighting until the Adams Street exit on 196. WLAV was nearly similar in fighting with WWDV. WLAV was nowhere to be found until they started fighting WWDV around the Ganges exit. I lost WLAV again to WWDV at the 31/96 split.
B93 from Sheboygan was the dominate station over it’s GR counterpart on Seaway and Lakeshore drive in Muskegon as was WAPL 105.7 over WSRW

k8jd

Re: Tropo over lake MI

Post by k8jd » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:05 pm

somewhere on-line I found a list of the Chicago FM transmitters operating on the Sears Tower,
If you hear one , check the other signals coming from that shared site !
It's like the stations out west operating from a mountain-top !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic