Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Long Wave Broadcast Radio

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Deleted User 15342

Long Wave Broadcast Radio

Post by Deleted User 15342 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:41 pm

Has anyone ever received any European broadcast on the long wave broadcast band 148 kHz-283 kHz, just curious. I know here in the U.S it’s mainly non-directional beacons for aircraft. I know back in the 90’s I did receive the station on 252 KHz known as Atlantic 252 from Ireland. What are some of the catches any of you have received.

k8jd

Re: Long Wave Broadcast Radio

Post by k8jd » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:45 pm

Some years ago I heard carriers on a few frequencies, and using narrow SSB settings was able to pull some modulation out of the noise , and it seemed like some eastern European language and classical music being broadcast.
I have been an avid Beacon listener for many decades and was excited to finally hear some DX BC on long wave !
I have IDed hundreds of Airport beacons as far as MANITOBA !
(Too bad the US is phasing out this service, the many small bush airports in Canada stil use the beacons)
Using my Kenwood TS440 and Yaesu FT990 either with a 40 M FW loop or a 160 M dipole antenna.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic