Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

DX in reverse?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
innate-in-you

Re: DX in reverse?

Post by innate-in-you » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:34 pm

Deleted User 15342 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:42 am
ADD in TC wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 am
Sunday,at around 1:15,while listening to 98.9 WEMP over the Tune in app,the music I was hearing suddenly was replaced by a statical signal from the Air One network.Tried to listen TOH ID at 2 PM but the static became to great plus, I was working in a noisy environment.

I have no clue wether or not Tune in just retransmits audio from off the air.My first thought this may be 98.9 WAWM Petoskey as I have received WEMP many times here in Traverse City when the Petoskey station was silent.

You can't get DX or any radio at all with a app.
It’s called internet radio you Douche Bag and it is still radio but on the internet. Of course you can’t DX on the internet, but who DX’s nowadays with all the electrical interference and a million translators on FM. Thank God for digital internet radio. Over the air radio is dying a slow death.
One can certainly DX on the internet - using remote tuning sites.

Turkeytop

Re: DX in reverse?

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:44 pm

innate-in-you wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:34 pm
Deleted User 15342 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:47 am
Turkeytop wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:42 am
ADD in TC wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:27 am
Sunday,at around 1:15,while listening to 98.9 WEMP over the Tune in app,the music I was hearing suddenly was replaced by a statical signal from the Air One network.Tried to listen TOH ID at 2 PM but the static became to great plus, I was working in a noisy environment.

I have no clue wether or not Tune in just retransmits audio from off the air.My first thought this may be 98.9 WAWM Petoskey as I have received WEMP many times here in Traverse City when the Petoskey station was silent.

You can't get DX or any radio at all with a app.
It’s called internet radio you Douche Bag and it is still radio but on the internet. Of course you can’t DX on the internet, but who DX’s nowadays with all the electrical interference and a million translators on FM. Thank God for digital internet radio. Over the air radio is dying a slow death.
One can certainly DX on the internet - using remote tuning sites.
So, I guess that really does make me a Douche Bag. Oddly, he's the one who ended up in DBR.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic