Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWV and another adjacent station

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
paul8539

WWV and another adjacent station

Post by paul8539 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:28 pm

On New Years Eve just before 7PM, I tuned into WWV on 5 MHZ to listen to the new year turnover, 2355 DEC 31 to 0003 JAN 1. At 2359, some strong station adjacent to it started up and blocked WWV out. I can't remember the calls, but it identified itself as someplace in South Carolina. It did this last year also. I was able to tune around it enough to determine that there was no leap second this time; but I could not get a clear WWV station ID at the top of the hour. Any idea what station this is and what frequency and power they are at?

I normally listed to WWV on 10 MHZ, but I could not pull in that frequency this time. 5MHZ was the only WWV I could hear this time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic