Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Is HD Radio Dead Yet!

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Deleted User 14935

Is HD Radio Dead Yet!

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:12 am

How much longer can this fiasco go on, Are they still putting HD Radio’s in new vehicles anymore? Can we go into a store and still purchase an HD Radio? Does anyone even listen to HD Radio? Is HD Radio something to little to late? Is HD Radio on life support? What are your thoughts.

ZenithCKLW

Re: Is HD Radio Dead Yet!

Post by ZenithCKLW » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:06 am

I listen to HD more often than standard AM/FM. Except for The Breeze. I do listen to that a lot. Part of my decision in the car I bought was the HD radio.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:35 am

I listen to some of the Sub-chnnels on my vehicle raio. Quality is not as good as the main channel but the content is interesting to me.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:36 pm

I've heard ONE station on AM in HD, and it wasn't impressive. I do not have an HD-capable radio of any kind. Ironcally, I have three which can decode C-QuAM and probably five more which can be modified quite easily to do so, if I wanted to. Every now and then, I tune my Realistic TM-152 with a random wire across the band, and still get a few stations in stereo at night. KCJJ (1640??) used to be great to listen to, but they've since switched off the stereo.

Back to the HD thing... I probably would buy an HD radio second-hand if the price was right. As for new tech, I see it's going the way of C-QuAM. I just wish they'd shut it off on AM as it really does cause a lot of interference for the handful of listeners who actually can hear it.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:22 am

KCJJ is on 1630. I did a station visit a little over a year ago and they told me they had turned the stereo off. I mentioned how they sounded great in stereo from Jackson, MI, at night and they were amazed I could receive them on 1kw.

Ed, check out thrift stores. I just bought a Direct for $9.99 at Salvation Army on Gratiot in Clinton Twp. last week. Value World is another place where I have found them. I find around 1-2 a year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic