All accepted registrations through June 15 at 7:00a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

New Radio

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
k8jd

Re: New Radio

Post by k8jd » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:51 pm

I have had some small radios but the little loopstick inside just does not bring in many signals on AM !
BEST portable for AM is My GE "Superradio 2" that has a very large ferrite rod occupying a large portion of the large enclossure, and that works !
the superradio also has some good speakers that sound really fine when you have a strong signal and can use the wide IF selection, pretty close to FM sound if the station is transmitting a good, clean modulation. Even Better on FM !
Only downside is the size. I drug that enormous portable all the way to Hawaii but the results there, in the middle of the Pacific ocan, were amazing ! :shock:
The little mini portables can serve as an emergency backup or for local listening :D

Deleted User 14935

Re: New Radio

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:56 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:58 pm
So, this works okay as an MP3 player. Not that I needed another MP3 player, but at least I can take some solace in the fact that it works for something. It isn't a quite heavy enough for a door stop.
Why don’t you do the smart thing and send it back for full refund.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic