Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone Observe WCXI Or WPON Testing Activity?

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
CK-722

Re: Anyone Observe WCXI Or WPON Testing Activity?age

Post by CK-722 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:52 am

WCXI 1160 is on the air with Foreign Language and Oldies Programming, from North Rd. in Fenton.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

Deleted User 14935

Re: Anyone Observe WCXI Or WPON Testing Activity?

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:26 pm

I’m sorry, I meant to say when will they both broadcast from the new site or not?

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:51 pm

I hear 1160 fair in Flint township on my Grundig Sat800. I wondered why I can actually hear a couple signals battle it out on 1460, well, WFNT has been sitting in dead air for the last ten minutes!! They (1470, just to be clear) just aired some kind of"relay reset" feed, "we will fire the relays in the following order..." message, then quick bumper music, then back to yet more dead air, then a Fox noise update teaser. Gotta love Flint radio!

FWIW, WTRX is coming in again, with something besides dead air! I'm sure it's short lived though. That station is in dead air almost every time I punch it up.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

CK-722

Post by CK-722 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:12 pm

WCXI seems to be testing today, with frequent carrier interruptions. My best estimate is that the signal is in the 0.5 mV/m range. My RL is about 30 miles East of the CP TL, and it is nulling in the direction of that site. It isn't stopping the scan on my Delco Radio in the Buick. I have no idea what power level they are using, or if it is DA or Nondirectional. I'd have to do calculations, based on assumptions. One assumption is that the conductivity is quite a bit less than M-3. Other DA proof radials that cross near the WCXI CP TL, that were measured for WDEO and WUFL, both by Munn Reese, would suggest about 4 mS/m.

Is THAT where they got the idea for the 486-SX?

Same (x, y, z), different (t)

Your bullet missed my trial balloon.

RTN Price. Not guaranteed. As of 12:30, 157.71 Down 0.22.

Artificial Intelligence is a Child that needs a Parent to guide it through.

k8jd

Post by k8jd » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:32 pm

Today 1160 is strong here in Commerce, about S9+25 dB, 1130 is barely S9 !
WCXI is 20 miles from me, WDFN is 35 miles. What I hear on 1470 is pretty weak,
BTW the Comcast trucks were here the last few days, working on a pole a few houses from me,
and now there is a terrible buzz across the AM band, sounds like high speed , Wide band Digital signals.

Deleted User 3751

Post by Deleted User 3751 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Comcast trucks were here the last few days, working on a pole a few houses from me,
and now there is a terrible buzz across the AM band, sounds like high speed , Wide band Digital signals.
Welcome to 5G on a pole near you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic