Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WWVH

The technical side of broadcasting. Think IBOC is a sham? Talk about it here! How about HDTV? Post DX reports here as well.
Ed Joseph

WWVH

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Wow... I went out and cleaned up my home's ground rod after being on my to-do list for a couple years. The rod was rusted, the contactor broken. I see it's fairly "wiggly" in the ground, so I have a nice 5' one I will replace it with in the next week.

Anyways, I finally got a good ground to my antennas.The biggest change was on the Grundig Sat800. The noise floor came down several dB! I came in and punched up WWV on 10 MHz, and I can actually hear WWVH coming in under WWV at times. I've heard a lot of people say they run a ground wire directly to the Sat800's balanced antenna connections, and I'll have to try that.

Next job... run a ground up to my shack to all the equipment, including the PC's and monitors, and one to my bedroom TV and stereos. Anything to try to get the noise floor down in this place.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

SolarMax

Re: WWVH

Post by SolarMax » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 am

Highly recommend H. Ward Silver's Grounding and Bonding for the Radio Amateur from the ARRL store. Kindle edition also available.

Deleted User 14896

Re: WWVH

Post by Deleted User 14896 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:01 pm

SolarMax wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 am
Highly recommend H. Ward Silver's Grounding and Bonding for the Radio Amateur from the ARRL store. Kindle edition also available.
On this link is a pdf of Ham Radio Station Protection that I've always felt is good info:

https://www.polyphaser.com/resources/wh ... genumber=2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic