Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Neil Young Radio

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
moldyoldie

Neil Young Radio

Post by moldyoldie » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 pm

24/7 of Neil Young on Sirius/XM's Deep Tracks, Channel 27. There's also a smattering of CSNY and Buffalo Springfield.

I know he has detractors on this board, at least there used to be, but this along with the Stones previously is a helluva lot better than the likes of Queen, Bowie, and The Eagles which were featured in previous months.
Last edited by moldyoldie on Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Bobbert

Re: Neil Young Radio

Post by Bobbert » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:08 am

Thanks. Ironically, the first song I heard was a CSNY song with Graham Nash on lead vocals (Our House). But there's been a good variety, including live versions of songs from my favorite Neil Young album (Zuma).

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:11 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:19 pm
24/7 of Neil Young on Sirius/XM's Deep Tracks, Channel 27. There's also a smattering of CSNY and Buffalo Springfield.

I know he has detractors on this board, at least there used to be, but this along with the Stones previously is a helluva better than the likes of Queen, Bowie, and The Eagles which were featured in previous months.
They're getting desperate now. A few years ago I was mocking the idea of single artist channels. I asked what next? The Tiny Tim channel? The Neil Young channel? Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would really come to this.

Stand by for the Tiny Tim channel.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:34 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:08 am
...my favorite Neil Young album (Zuma).
My favorite as well! "Cortez the Killer" is a dynamite track.
Our ever-cynical beer-loving working class Canadian Luddite friend wrote:Stand by for the Tiny Tim channel.
I doubt he released enough material, but there could be "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" on a continuous loop...just for you! :razz

"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:08 pm

moldyoldie wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:34 pm
Our ever-cynical beer-loving working class Canadian Luddite friend wrote:Stand by for the Tiny Tim channel.
I doubt he released enough material, but there could be "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" on a continuous loop...just for you! :razz

They could just play the Tiny Tim Greatest Hit album.

There's really no limit to what they could devote a channel to.

The Screamin Jay Hawkins Channel

The Shags Channel

The Disco Duck Channel

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:06 pm

So maybe they will have a channel for Johnny Cash. Or John Denver. Or Adele. Or Woody whats-his-name. Or Pee Wee Herman.

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:26 am

Tiny Tim remake of the Jerry Lee Lewis "Great Balls Of Fire" amazing!!!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Mon Mar 07, 2022 4:27 am

"Tonight's The Night" (1975 Neil Young song & album) Bruce Barry!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic