Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM Censored and Uncensored Channels

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
Deleted User 14990

SiriusXM Censored and Uncensored Channels

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:17 am

I'm not turning this into a for or against Censorship thread but what channels, outside of comedy and Howard Stern, tend to censored in terms of music and even The DJ's?

Obviously A channel like Symphony Hall 76 isn't going to have bad language or WaterColors 66. When I have had free previews in the car, I've listened to the 2 stations above, plus mostly rock and news/talk stations. I've never heard cursing on say 80s on 8 or 70s on 7 and not sure about 90s on 9. I have heard unheard uncensored music on First Wave 33 and Lithium 34.

As far as DJs and I could be wrong.. but I think I've heard an F bomb on First Wave before but I might be wrong, as I was tired from working a 10 hour shift. Could of heard something that wouldn't fly on over the air radio, on Progress but I can't remember exactly what it was. I'm not talking like "ass" "hell" " damn" but words that aren't allowed on over the air radio.

Just wondering.

Milk

Re: SiriusXM Censored and Uncensored Channels

Post by Milk » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:58 pm

Usually, the channels with explicit content are identified with "XL" for "Xtreme Language". Most of the Rap/Hip-Hop channels have that rating, though Channel 46 - The Heat doesn't. My theory is that it's a hit-based channel, plus they wanted at least one Hip-Hop channel businesses could play.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:15 pm

For the rock stations, both channel 40 Liquid Metal and channel 41 Turbo are XL. Drove my dad’s Sierra on Monday, found XM on for free and both these stations were blocked...

kc8yqq

Post by kc8yqq » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:20 am

The Beatles Channel (18) has played John Lennon's "Working Class Hero" uncut.

Deleted User 14990

Post by Deleted User 14990 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:08 pm

Yeah I've been getting a free preview myself, Octane and liquid metal are blocked as are the comedy stations.

windsor

Post by windsor » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:02 am

Crank up Ozzy's Boneyard it should be open.ch38

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:02 am

When the Heavy Metal channel returned years ago after its cancellation, it was the funniest 10 minutes of OTA radio in my life. Someone kept all the 80 voicemails from pissed-off subscribers, dropping F-bombs, telling them what they can do with their mothers, it was funny as all hell hearing all these stoners call and ripping XM a new arsehole, so they played the customer calls and then after 10-15 minutes started cranking out the jams MF'ers. I wish I had recorded it (of course I wouldn't because of the agreement your sign for SXM service) for posterity as it was damn funny.

Deleted User 15299

Post by Deleted User 15299 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:19 pm

My Car has a Sirusxm Ready radio but it's not activated, I've listened to it when they have had a free preview but I don't feel its worth the money to subscribe to it. When they have had the preview, the comedy and some of the music channels are blocked, which means there obviously uncensored. I know Lithium and first wave play uncensored tracks, I've never heard any music with vulgarity on like The 80s on 8 or 90s on 9 however.

Now, I was out of town and staying with a friend for a week, I had flown down so I didn't have a car. So, I had borrowed his Chevy Trailblazer a couple times, that had Sirusxm on the radio. I am pretty sure, I heard a host say s--t once on, I think ch 39 Hair nation. My friend said, he had heard a host one time, I think on Lithium or another rock channel drop an F bomb once, Like a song ended and the host was like "f--k yeah!" . Not taking a pro or anti censorship side, just an observation. I mean, most of the audience for those station likely talks like that anyway, so it's not like its majorly shocking to them or anything.

Deleted User 15502

Post by Deleted User 15502 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:42 pm

Most of the stations play uncensored music, as far as the hosts go, I've never heard anything over the top but a couple of people have told me they have heard hosts use profanity on some channels.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:57 pm

Howie Stern is in his own category here....

matt1

Post by matt1 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:35 pm

Tin Machine (with the late David Bowie) in 1989 covered the late John Lennon "Working Class Hero"!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic