Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SXM CH 3

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
Turkeytop

SXM CH 3

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm

New channel they're calling Pandora Now. I gave it a listen today for about seven seconds. I'm making a prediction now that the channel will attract zero audience. It's gawd awful.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Deleted User 14992

Re: SXM CH 3

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:53 am

Why would us older listeners like it if they’re playing current music for teens and twenty somethings. It’s not gawd awful to them, It’s their music, You sound like our parents did when the Beatles came unto the music scene in the 60’s what are you listening to, That gawd awful group from England they look like bugs.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Chuck Davies wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:53 am
Why would us older listeners like it if they’re playing current music for teens and twenty somethings. It’s not gawd awful to them, It’s their music, You sound like our parents did when the Beatles came unto the music scene in the 60’s what are you listening to, That gawd awful group from England they look like bugs.

Clearly, you haven't listened to it. There is no way anyone on earth, regardless of age, gender, race, sexual orientation or species will ever like it. I stand by my prediction. Zero listeners.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:02 pm

I do know what it is, It’s an interactive channel for Pandora and SIRIUS XM with multiple music genres its actually kinda cool, Read up on the website if you have any questions about it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:30 pm

Chuck Davies wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:02 pm
I do know what it is, It’s an interactive channel for Pandora and SIRIUS XM with multiple music genres its actually kinda cool, Read up on the website if you have any questions about it.

I stand by my prediction. Zero listeners.
OK. I was wrong. One listener.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:55 am

They don’t care if You or Me listen to that one channel they still have our money, I only listen to 5 channels the rest is useless to me but I still pay for the whole thing, Actually my subscription ends in June and it’s see you later SIRIUS XM it has become boring radio if I want that I have FM Radio and it’s free. So in June all my Home and Portable XM Radio junk is going to be donated to my local Salvation Army resale shop.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:43 am

Chuck Davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:55 am
They don’t care if You or Me listen to that one channel they still have our money, I only listen to 5 channels the rest is useless to me but I still pay for the whole thing, Actually my subscription ends in June and it’s see you later SIRIUS XM it has become boring radio if I want that I have FM Radio and it’s free. So in June all my Home and Portable XM Radio junk is going to be donated to my local Salvation Army resale shop.

You must live in a more diverse radio market area than I do. I couldn't get along without it in this town. If I lived in Toronto or Montreal, I wouldn't need it.

I just foolishly returned too early from 3 1/2 months in the Tampa Bay area. I never used the Sat the entire time I was there. But I needed it for the trip home. In GA, TN and KY, the only thing available on regular radio is cowboy music, NASCAR and religion.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:18 pm

I’m more of a AM Talk radio or AM Oldies radio fan, So here in Detroit for me it’s CKWW, WJR, WWJ and WDTK all AM Stations. The XM was great but now they repeat a lot and sound more like FM radio, So why pay for something that I can get for free on regular radio and I will say this Radio from Canada that I pick up here in the Detroit area is so much better then the Stations in Detroit, Just my opinion.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:51 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:43 am
Chuck Davies wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:55 am

You must live in a more diverse radio market area than I do. I couldn't get along without it in this town. If I lived in Toronto or Montreal, I wouldn't need it.

I just foolishly returned too early from 3 1/2 months in the Tampa Bay area. I never used the Sat the entire time I was there. But I needed it for the trip home. In GA, TN and KY, the only thing available on regular radio is cowboy music, NASCAR and religion.
What no Can-Con, I love Can-Con, I have to hear at least one Canadian Group Or Artists a day as a matter of fact I’m listening to the Guess Who’s greatest Hits on CD currently in the car.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:32 pm

When I'm in the U.S. I most often listen to NPR. Here at home I listen to CBC Radio I. I used to like Radio II when it was mostly classical music and jazz. But about a decade ago, they flipped to an All Garage Band format.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 pm

I like CBC Radio 2, It’s now called CBC Music, I listen to them in the afternoon. I like CKUE Cool FM 95.1 from Chatham and K-106.3 from Sarnia.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:41 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:33 pm
New channel they're calling Pandora Now. I gave it a listen today for about seven seconds. I'm making a prediction now that the channel will attract zero audience. It's gawd awful.
So, seven seconds wasn't really fair. Today I gave them twenty seconds. Verdict remains the same. Gawd awful.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:10 pm

So since you don’t listen to it because you dislike it, Does that mean SiriusXM will have to change it.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 02, 2019 7:08 pm

I don't care if they change it or not. But when they come to the realization that no one else is listening either, they probably will change it to the All Polka channel or the All bagpipes channel.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Thu May 02, 2019 7:34 pm

I would make it all Hippie music and call it The Woodstock Channel and have Music from 1967- 1972.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic