Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SiriusXM and Cancellations

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
WOHO

Re: SiriusXM and Cancellations

Post by WOHO » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:22 pm

FYI, TheForce- there will be a free preview period from November 16-29, so you can test out your old SatRad equipment.
Speaking of which, anyone in the market for an XM all-in one boombox?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:14 pm

Oh this is good to know! My trial ran out on Nov. 10th.
WOHO wrote:FYI, TheForce- there will be a free preview period from November 16-29, so you can test out your old SatRad equipment.
Speaking of which, anyone in the market for an XM all-in one boombox?

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:14 pm

The free preview is a joke. Both Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard are NOT included. I had those on my presets. However, Prime Country and 80's on 8 did work.

WOHO

Post by WOHO » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:34 am

They leave off their niche stations that boomers might like, such as Escape and Willie's Roadhouse, as well as Sinatra and 40's.
Too bad they just don't give you the whole shebang for 2 weeks.

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:49 am

I do enjoy Prime Country a lot. It's superior to anything I hear on local country stations. But I'm still not subscribing. Local stations just play stuff I'm not interested in and focus too much on today's artists instead of playing a nice blend of artists from yesterday. As a listener to country radio I feel alienated.

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:38 pm

I did the renewal dance at lunch. I told the rep that I would threaten to cancel a few times, she'd make a few counter-offers and we'd eventually find a place to meet.

She laughed and then offered me a good deal on a 1-year package "so you don't have to call us so often". Less than $86 for the next 12 months.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:25 pm

Wow - that's a great price! What channel package did you receive for that price?

Deleted User 24

Post by Deleted User 24 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:53 pm

Standard. No Howard.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 pm

I have it in the car and I also have secondary subscription for a portable unit. A while ago I broke the docking station forthe portable unit so I called up to cancel my second subscription. She told me she'd send me a new docking station for free if I kept the subscription. So I stayed with it.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

windsor

Post by windsor » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:49 pm

Just did my dance today.........have 2 radio's on the acct. got it for $120 tax in, online included.Cdn funds of coarse.........

F**K Trudeau and F**K CBC !!!!

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I'm probably the only person on the planet who has never even tried SatRad. Our Mitsu Outlander has an XM radio, but I have no intention of signing up. I have developed a strong distrust of media corporations in general. We just told Comcrap to stick it, now stick with AT&T/Directv and will probably simply cut off everything when that contract is up in two years. I really wish there were still local ISP's like there were in the dial-up days.

In this day and age, it's quite easy to "roll your own" commercial-free radio station, if not OTA then streaming over LAN/wifi. I've done the radio part for years, now tinkering with a home TV station idea. I was on the "tendernet" well before the web/AOL days, and have amassed several terabites of interesting videos found on USENET and IRC since 1990 or so.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue May 07, 2019 7:39 pm

Turkeytop wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 pm
I have it in the car and I also have secondary subscription for a portable unit. A while ago I broke the docking station forthe portable unit so I called up to cancel my second subscription. She told me she'd send me a new docking station for free if I kept the subscription. So I stayed with it.
So, this happened back in January, when I was in Florida.

I'm still waiting for my new docking station. I called Monday April 23 and she told me it was in the mail and I would have it by the end of the week. When it didn't come by Friday I called back again. The guy said there had been a delay in mailing it, but now it really was in the mail and I would have it by Monday.

It didn't come Monday or Tuesday, so I called back again today. The guy tried to sell me a new radio. Said I'm not eligible for the new docking station because my radio is out of warranty. I told him this has nothing to do with warranty. It was an offer that had been made to me as an incentive to keep my account open. He told me he would check with his supervisor and call me back within 24 hours.

About twenty minutes later, I got an e mail from SXM advising me that "According to your request, we have canceled your subscription."

I called right back and told them I wanted my account kept open, but I needed a new docking station. Told me he could send me a new docking station for $75.

I told him that several people had already promised me a new one for free. He said he would put me on hold while he reviewed my account on his computer.

Twenty minutes later he came back and told me that none of the people who had made me that promise had the authority to make such an offer.

"So they were lying to me?" I asked

"Yes. Those people are all in Egypt?

"Where are you?" I asked.

"The Philippines."

So all the people in Egypt are lying to me, but you're telling the truth?

"That's right." he said. Then hung up on me.

So now I'm waiting for the lying Egyptian to call back within 24 hours. He has about 15 hours left.

Deleted User 14992

Post by Deleted User 14992 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:39 pm

So I would drop them immediately, That’s just pure BS apparently they don’t want anymore business, I’m dropping them in June by simply not making anymore payments that way I don’t need to talk to some phone idiot from India, There’s no need for any Satellite Radio when you can steam in your car today, I do and it’s actually kinda better, I pick the music not some ass in a studio and if you want internet radio it’s right a your fingertips.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Wed May 08, 2019 7:16 pm

you can steam in your car today,

I don't know much about this streaming business. If I need to do it when I'm driving in the car, I usually turn off onto a back road and do it behind a tree.

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Thu May 09, 2019 4:45 pm

The lying Egyptian did not call back. However,a lady from the Philippines called today. Said she is shipping to me new Home Kit, which includes the docking station, antenna, power supply and cables, all for free. Shipping in 3 to 5 days. She sent an e mail confirming this.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic