Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

SXM Yearly Plans?

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
Taco

SXM Yearly Plans?

Post by Taco » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:39 pm

I was poking around the SXM website for a friend that was interested in subscribing even though I didn't recommend doing so. Anyways, are there yearly plans?

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Re: SXM Yearly Plans?

Post by Turkeytop » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:39 pm
I was poking around the SXM website for a friend that was interested in subscribing even though I didn't recommend doing so. Anyways, are there yearly plans?
Yes. I have two yearly subscriptions.

When I first started with Sirius, back in 2005, they were offering a lifetime plan.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:45 am

I didn't see any yearly plans listed on the SXM website.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Turkeytop

Post by Turkeytop » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:35 pm

Taco wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:45 am
I didn't see any yearly plans listed on the SXM website.
I'm with SXM Canada. They may have a different offering of packages.

https://www.getsiriusxm.com/offers/comb ... es%20apply.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:30 pm

I just had to go through the renewal dance with SXM.
My 1-year pricing term expired on Feb 22 but I didn't get a notification, and for some reason I hadn't flagged it in my Calendar app. I saw a shockingly big SXM billing for this month on my credit card account, and realized that they had, as they clearly state, automatically renewed me but at the prevailing book rate, since I hadn't contacted them to negotiate my low renewal rate by threatening to cancel.
I called them for a realignment of my pricing back to the $6-ish/month it's been for a couple of years.
You can't speak to a person about this (probably just as well, call centers being what they are). I had to connect with a "live" online chat rep (which turned out to be OK and painless).
Explained my oversight, said I'd gladly re-up at the rate I'd just had, but absolutely not at $37+/mo.
She said, no problem, quickly reset me back to the past monthly price, pro-rated the "over" payment, and set my plan to run one year starting March 7. I will make sure to be in touch with them a bit ahead of 3/7/24.
So, it is a "yearly" plan, billed and paid monthly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic