Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

The 12 Days of Free SXM

A place to discuss programming, content sources & aggregator web sites, hardware, and all things related to emerging audio programming distribution technologies.
SolarMax

The 12 Days of Free SXM

Post by SolarMax » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:07 pm

From SiriusXM:

Listen Free!
November 23 to December 5
We're turning on 100+ channels in your car for free. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

Available on inactive satellite radios (Some older Sirius satellite radios may not be capable of receiving the free listening channels).

No subscription, no activation required, your radio is already ON. Just go to SiriusXM on your in-vehicle radio and choose from any of the 100 channels we are broadcasting from November 23rd through December 5th
See the list of available FREE channels at:

https://www.siriusxm.com/content/dam/sx ... eup-HI.pdf

Complete details at: https://www.siriusxm.com/offers/free-listen

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: The 12 Days of Free SXM

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:56 am

As a reminder, existing subscribers who don't want to pay full price for the renewal can simply call customer service and threaten to cancel. If you refuse the first reduced price offer, the second offer likely will be for all channels + streaming for $5.00 per month + taxes & fees. My all-in price is $6.06 per month.

MotorCityRadioFreak

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:41 am

I still get that $5 per month offer for 12 months. If the repair shop hadn't fucked by my XM module, I would be ecstatic about it. I miss XM, even singing Madison.

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Deleted User 15835

Post by Deleted User 15835 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:45 pm

I've never subscribed to it but have listened to the free previews and have heard it in other peoples cars. Honestly, it's ok but I don't like it enough to subscribe. I don't want another bill and some stations, it's the same stuff as regular radio.
s

Realist

Post by Realist » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:57 pm

My wife and I have had it since 2003 when they were 2 separate companies (we had XM). It’s gotten to the point where there’s no way we’d go without it in our personal vehicles. We can’t stand the commercials on regular radio and SXM’s variety of stations / formats is outstanding.

I generally listen to regular broadcast radio for 3 reasons: Tigers baseball, The Morning After on Z93 and if I’m in a work car (and I sometimes use the SXM app and stream it thru my connected Bluetooth).

Taco

Post by Taco » Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:25 pm

I just don't like the fact that they make it so hard for a person to cancel if they really want to cancel. Further, I think it's trash you can't cancel your sub online like literally all other streaming services.

Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic