Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Interested in Soccer ⚽ ?

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
Round Six

Interested in Soccer ⚽ ?

Post by Round Six » Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 am

Fox has been preempting regularly scheduled programming to show different major league soccer games. Fox2's morning news both Saturday and Sunday was not on due to matches. This Wednesday they will be showing matches in prime time.

Anyone on here interested enough to plan to watch these games? I'm not so much asking if your flipping channels, see a game, and decide to watch it. I mean you hear a match is coming up, and you make plans to catch it.

I'm not interested enough in soccer to do that. No one in my circle is interested enough in soccer to schedule their day around watching soccer on TV. Some of us do have kids playing soccer. But they are all in elementary and junior high. The kids don't seem interested enough to watch it on TV either. That may change once they get older and stick with it.

Just curious if soccer ⚽ is more popular than I think it is.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

radioandtventhusiast

Re: Interested in Soccer ⚽ ?

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:36 pm

I'll probably watch a little bit of it. Both my brother and niece have loved, played, and coached the sport, so they're all in on the Women's World Cup.

moldyoldie

Post by moldyoldie » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:34 am

Round Six wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:43 am
Just curious if soccer ⚽ is more popular than I think it is.
World wide there's no doubt of it! The World Cup is the Super Bowl, World Series, and Stanley Cup all rolled into one!

In America and Canada with the great influx of European, Latin American, African, and Asian immigrants the sport's popularity can only grow exponentially. Personally, I can enjoy watching it, but won't schedule my day to do so.
"The primary purpose of a liberal education is to make one's mind a pleasant place in which to spend one's leisure."
- Sydney J. Harris

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:40 am

My kid was at the events in DC. They packed the arena.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic