Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV Stations with the most technical difficulties

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
radioandtventhusiast

TV Stations with the most technical difficulties

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:30 pm

What stations do you think have the worst problems with technical difficulties?

I think WNWO has some of the worst problems with technical difficulties, including coming back late from NBC programming due to local insertion not working correctly, or even running local commercial breaks too long, causing network programming to return late as well.

WOHO

Re: TV Stations with the most technical difficulties

Post by WOHO » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:25 am

Agree, WNWO has a horrible time getting the correct connections with NBC on Saturday Night Live. Often they will show an SNL 'slide' with background music to 2 minutes, then some local spots and you just missed the first two minutes of the musical act when they return. WTVG must have fired having a real 'director' during the 11pm newscasts as you see cameras on talent while they're picking their nose waiting for a remote and nothing is happening except the studio camera is live. Likewise, live field reports on WTVG often have no backstory audio to go with a clip. It would appear that they load-up the AV switcher all in advance with software (?) and don't have somebody at their board all the time- automated?

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:23 pm

WOHO wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:25 am
Agree, WNWO has a horrible time getting the correct connections with NBC on Saturday Night Live. Often they will show an SNL 'slide' with background music to 2 minutes, then some local spots and you just missed the first two minutes of the musical act when they return. WTVG must have fired having a real 'director' during the 11pm newscasts as you see cameras on talent while they're picking their nose waiting for a remote and nothing is happening except the studio camera is live. Likewise, live field reports on WTVG often have no backstory audio to go with a clip. It would appear that they load-up the AV switcher all in advance with software (?) and don't have somebody at their board all the time- automated?
I was hoping WNWO learned their lesson during the outrage in late 2019 over a good portion of that particular SNL that was missed. If I worked for NBC, I'd be complaining about this. I don't remember this happening when the control room was still in Toledo.

Deleted User 15062

Post by Deleted User 15062 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:47 pm

One to look at would be WMNT. OTA they are a complete mess on all 3 subchannels. Currently, I'm hearing 48.4 has nothing on. Was GetTV until a few weeks ago, I understand. WMNT sat-automation was always wonky, along with the "No signal" message on their sat receiver. They often plowed and still plow into the network at 8pm on 48.1, cutting off show opens. Their jpg ID's on all the subs are not timed correctly, as the server seems to not check in with the Colorado time server, as the time drifts. Why they use still graphics instead of a title on the bottom of the screen, is beyond me. These folks that owned them beyond W48AP never were pros. God forbid if they actually followed the law and had an EAS box!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:42 pm

Around here, it's been WXYZ. Frequent audio drop outs on Comcast. Not sure where the problem lies.

SolarMax

Post by SolarMax » Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:11 pm

On my kit, via Xfinity/Comcast X1, Fox2 is always out of audio sync, worse on network feeds, espec. NFL. Other channels OK.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:13 pm

I have noticed that FOX2 is out of sync sometimes, also, I am over the air, with a digital converter.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic