Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Poor production quality during coronavirus

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Poor production quality during coronavirus

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 am

I kinda like it. It's MTV Cribs mixed with local news. I don't think any of the news anchors in Detroit are broadcasting from home, but some of the reporters have filed reports from home. In Grand Rapids, some of the news anchors are doing the news live from their living room.

Susan Shaw of News 8 in Grand Rapids has a gorgeous house. Bill Steffen's basement is in desperate need of a remodel. :)

WC8KCY

Post by WC8KCY » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:46 am

I've been doing a LOT of listening to WTMJ(AM) Milwaukee since my workplace shut down on the 17th, and much of their locally-originated programming has been produced at home studios since around that time.

There were more than a few hiccups at first, but they're 99% back to the same high production standards that were in place before the switch to home studios. The off-air staff making this all possible gets my most sincere congratulations.

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:02 pm

From a purely technical standpoint, the audio and video quality is sure lacking in a lot of these from-home productions. I don't know why so many professionals are using Skype when Discord offers far superior audio and video.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 pm

It's looked pretty good on Detroit TV. I'm actually impressed by how few hiccups have occurred.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:38 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:11 pm
It's looked pretty good on Detroit TV. I'm actually impressed by how few hiccups have occurred.
I agree. I've been pretty impressed too. Other than some slight periods of dead air between the characters when they don't know who's going to talk next, it's been pretty good.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic