Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Formats during the pandemic

Topics of general interest that just don't fit anywhere else.
hunterw

Formats during the pandemic

Post by hunterw » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:29 pm

I’ve noticed that most top 40 stations in TC and GR are playing more recurrents from the 2000’s till now more often. Is that common across the board and on other current music formats. I assume it’s cause of the lack of newer music due to the current situations. If so wonder when we’ll start seeing more new music come out again. Kinda refreshing to hear some music that was popular but not played on mix stations.

Calvert DeForest

Re: Formats during the pandemic

Post by Calvert DeForest » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:32 am

You're probably right, although I can see a psychological advantage to playing music that reminds people of a time before all this shit broke. Call it comfort food for the ears.

Shortwave is the ORIGINAL satellite radio.

k8jd

Re: Formats during the pandemic

Post by k8jd » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:13 pm

I liked it when "oldies " stations played music I grew up with, now they are playing last year's hip hop and other crap I never heard of :(

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic