All accepted registrations through December 9 at 7:00p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Search found 1159 matches

by bmw
Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:35 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

My predictions for tomorrow: Florida: Trump wins by at least 15 points, Cruz and Rubio are within 5 points of each other for 2nd place. Trump: 99 delegates Ohio Kasich over Trump by 2 points Kasich: 66 delegates Illinois Trump over Cruz by 5 points Trump: 57 delegates Cruz: 12 delegates Missouri Tru...
by bmw
Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:32 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: 2016 Presidential Polls
Replies: 875
Views: 100532

Re: 2016 Presidential Polls

Even though it still won't mean much in the end, it is interesting that Bernie is within striking distance of Hillary in 3 of the 5 Tuesday primaries (Illinois, Missouri, and Ohio). If Michigan is any indication of how he will do in the midwest, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins 1 or 2 of those sta...
by bmw
Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:17 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Ben Carson = Human Garbage
Replies: 52
Views: 5197

Re: Ben Carson = Human Garbage

by bmw
Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:19 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Republican Establishment not doing so well in the polls
Replies: 26
Views: 3522

Re: Republican Establishment not doing so well in the polls

Given Trump's virtually unlimited funding, he will be the last man standing among the "outsiders" as long as none of them pass him. The problem for the establishment will be momentum if Trump wins a few early states' primaries because the field is still so large. Right now I really believe the nomi...
by bmw
Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:59 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Ben Carson = Human Garbage
Replies: 52
Views: 5197

Re: Ben Carson = Human Garbage

Umm....isn't speculation what this forum is all about? Look at the free publicity Trump gets from incidents like the one that happened last night. Not to venture too far into tin-foil-hat land here, but I gotta wonder how the web just might be weaved.... Despite what I may think of Donald Trump as ...
by bmw
Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:18 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Ben Carson = Human Garbage
Replies: 52
Views: 5197

Re: Ben Carson = Human Garbage

What do you guys think of what's happening in Chicago right now? The actions of the "Black Lives Matter" folks (some of whom were throwing punches) and the muslims who stormed the UIC Pavilion floor are disgusting. One asshole after another on CNN blamed the chaos entirely on Donald Trump, who had ...
by bmw
Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:07 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Ben Carson = Human Garbage
Replies: 52
Views: 5197

Re: Ben Carson = Human Garbage

A hit piece from the National Review against a Trump Supporter? Shocking. Dr. Ben Carson has just made a hypocrite of himself and done great damage to the country by endorsing the moral monster, Donald Trump. That was as far as I needed to read. Carson's endorsement of Trump "has...done great damage...
by bmw
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:21 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: 'Pub Debate
Replies: 115
Views: 9609

Re: 'Pub Debate

In polls going all the way to the beginning of the year (there are 17 of them on RealClearPolitics), Trump's lowest number is 31 and Rubio's highest is 30. Trump leads by about 15 points on average. The big difference between this situation and the one in Michigan is that Bernie was an anti-establis...
by bmw
Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:15 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Ben Carson = Human Garbage
Replies: 52
Views: 5197

Re: Ben Carson = Human Garbage

It is amusing watching you all speculate and try to read his mind without a shred of evidence to back up any of your theories. What evidence is there to support any theory that Mr. Carson is acting with an ulterior motive?
by bmw
Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:55 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: 'Pub Debate
Replies: 115
Views: 9609

Re: 'Pub Debate

Rubio is having a much better debate performance tonight, IMO. He has had solid answers that don't seem like canned answers. And he seems much more Presidential. He derailed his own campaign several weeks ago when he decided to suddenly go after Trump. That was the mistake that ended his run for the...
by bmw
Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:13 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

Democrats better be careful what they wish for, because I don't buy the narrative that Trump is a "sure loser" in a general election.
by bmw
Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:51 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

This race is over! With 84% reporting, Bernie has a full 4-point lead. She has to beat Bernie now by a full 25 points in the remaining 16 percent to cover.

How were the polls SO FAR OFF? 20+ points in multiple polls in just the past 3 days.
by bmw
Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:26 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

Hillary will still win.. Detroit and Flint will do it for her... Bernie leads by exactly 3.2 points with 69% of the vote in This means that Hillary must beat Bernie by about 6.5 points in the remaining 31 percent of the vote. So she would have to win about 52-45 for the remaining votes. I don't see...
by bmw
Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:06 pm
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

Would a Bernie win in Michigan be a game-changer, or ultimately too little too late?

The Hillary campaign has to be deeply concerned about her showing in Michigan not because it will stop her from getting the nomination, but because it puts Michigan in play in a general election.
by bmw
Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:25 am
Forum: Political Potpourri
Topic: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions
Replies: 90
Views: 8272

Re: Michigan Primary Polls and Predictions

Based on polling, it looks like a solid bet that Rubio won't break the 15 percent threshold, everybody else will, and nobody will reach 50 percent, so the delegates will be proportionally allocated between Trump, Cruz, and Kasich. My predictions are: 40% Trump (27 delegates) 28% Kasich (19 delegates...