Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Thursday, October 23 at 8:45p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:39 pm 

Bad guys in Florida: your days are numbered. On Monday, Steve Wilson was named investigative reporter at the Gannett station in Jacksonville. Congrats to the hardest-charging reporter Detroit ever knew. Jacksonville, hold on to your seats.

Ross Jones/WXYZ

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:11 pm 

Good news for steve..bad news for bad guys , also sadly..for us here in michigan

WJXX/WTLV shut down its live streaming of its newscasts on its website firstcoastnews.com

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:19 pm 

GREAT NEWS for Steve. Its his calling, doing the Lords work.

Good to know that his health has improved enough to get the gig.

Steve was a great help to me when i was working on that congressman story.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm 

Damn, those guys are lucky. Good luck, Steve!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:14 pm 

First, this MUST mean that Steve is back to FULL strength health-wise. That is certainly good news. Steve Wilson is simply one of the best reporters I have EVER met! I don't know him that well personally, but I wish I did. Just hanging around a guy like him would result in better reporting skills simply by osmosis.

I wish Steve the very best of luck in his new gig!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 pm 

Hey, this seems a little like what it must feel like to be dead...people stepping up to say some really nice things about you long after you've left the building and thought they'd probably forgotten your name.

Seriously, thanks to all of you for the very kind words and good wishes. While I've enjoyed my time on the beach (quite literally), it's always good to get back to doing what you love. For better or worse, I still love being "in the hunt."

My doctors at the Mayo Clinic and the Cleveland Clinic have picked up where the Henry Ford team literally brought me back from the dead and thanks to all of them--and regular handfuls of product from America's fine pharmaceutical companies--I am feeling much better these days. It's still a lifelong work in progress but I'm happy to report that I'm a little tanned, a little thinner, rested and ready to get back to the job! Jry is so right...for me, it's always felt like more of a calling than just a way to earn a paycheck.

SteveBaxley is correct, First Coast News recently shut down the live stream of its newscasts but the full segments will still be available online right after they air. Since this Gannett duopoly here is both the NBC and ABC stations, the current plan is for a big launch of the new I-team starting with opening night of the Summer Olympics. I invite Detroit pals to come take a look...we've got some great things in the hopper. (http://www.FirstCoastNews.com).

And speaking of old pals and stories available on the Internet, it's been great watching Ross and Heather, Bill and Scott, carrying on the traditions at WXYZ, giving poor Bob Ficano and others a dose of the same scrutiny we used to apply to another local politician we knew and loved. And you know, even though he's still in Texas, I'm expecting a congratulatory fruit basket from Kwame any day now! Can somebody please take a bite for me first, please?

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:03 am 

Hi Steve, glad to hear you are doing better.

I have a question:

Do you think Kwame would have landed in jail if he hadn't run for re-election in 2005?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:47 pm 

Does this mean Ken Amaro is out?

Not that I ever watch FCN. Their motto seems to be, "If it's news, it's news to us."

Steve will keep busy just trying to peel back the onion on the sleazy Alvin Brown administration. This guy makes Kwame look like an amateur.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:24 pm 

Steve leaves a BIG imprint on the detroit TV news investigative scene .. and yes i am counting Charlie LeDuff among them ..LeDuffs style would make steve wilson proud

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:28 pm 

Hey Steve Wilson:
again good luck and here is my version of a promo ad for your debut ..enjoy (i used to live in jacksonville so as not to totally torque off FirstCoastNews, i went with the old 12 and 25 logos)

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:55 pm 

Well the Buzzboard made TVSpy: http://www.mediabistro.com/tvspy/vetera ... tlv_b49990

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 8:47 am 

Jacksonville is great. I tried to buy some properties there.
The city is prepped for big growth. They have annexed more land than Los Angeles.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:47 am 

It is too bad this guy has been sidelined during prime Kilpatrick, Ficano and Turkia season. He's good, and rightfully heralds back to a time when the press was feared.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:48 pm 

Looks like MediaBistro needs a proof reader:

Quote:
In the summer of 2010, Wilson suffered a massive hard attack and he’s used his time away from TV to get healthier

Welcome back Steve, maybe see you posting on Facebook again, too.

-TCB