Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Sunday, November 23 at 1:30p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Alan Longstreet on Fox 2
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am 

His delivery reminds me of someone doing a parody of William Shatner as James Kirk.

His....speech....is often times...very....herky jerky...when....he talks...

you know what I mean.

Did anyone else notice this or am I the only one?

BTW I made an account on this website just to post that lol!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:00 pm 

It's so sad that Detroit is now a market in which an untested person can come right out of college . Detroit used to be a great market...Hodak, Sonny Elliot, Gaidica...now you get the typical mid-20's douchebag with messy hair. God help us all.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

The scary thing is -- even Alan Longstreet does a better job with the weather than Kam Carman!

She truly has no business doing the weather.

I've been watching 7 in the morning more & more lately.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 pm 

MWmetalhead wrote:
The scary thing is -- even Alan Longstreet does a better job with the weather than Kam Carman!

She truly has no business doing the weather.

I've been watching 7 in the morning more & more lately.

I like 7 as well its what I watch currently as well, but morning TV in the Metro blows for the most part though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:23 pm 
Site Admin

Everyone in Fox 2's weather department behind their #1 and #2 guys is less than stellar on the air. Alan Longstreet has upside potential, but he sure as hell is no Justin Ryan (the guy he replaced).

7 has an excellent weather team from top to bottom. Easily the best in the state, in my view.

I would like to see Fox 2 persuade Sean Ash to come back to Detroit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:36 am 

MWmetalhead wrote:
Everyone in Fox 2's weather department behind their #1 and #2 guys is less than stellar on the air. Alan Longstreet has upside potential, but he sure as hell is no Justin Ryan (the guy he replaced).

7 has an excellent weather team from top to bottom. Easily the best in the state, in my view.

I would like to see Fox 2 persuade Sean Ash to come back to Detroit.

WOW someone thinks the way I did (do) about Justin! Speaking of which, anyone know where he went, or how he's doing? I do miss him
(not only for the obvious reasons *heavy sign*) I don't think that Alan is THAT bad - just green - they jsut need to use him more is all. Speaking of which
any idea where Ben Bailey has been? I don't watch that often in the AM, but he hasn't been on there for ages

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Ben Bailey was on the air Friday Morning, but you're right -- his on-air time seems to be drastically reduced as of late.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:05 am 

I have seen Ben Bailey on the 10 o'clock broadcast a few times in the past couple weeks. Longstreet is very green it seems. At times he seems rushed. For some reason I can't stand when he uses, "The winds will slaken." He uses it all the time. :barf I know there are far more worse things, just a pet peeve.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:38 pm 

From what I understand, Gentle Ben WANTS this: cushy hours and a big fat raise, to seemingly do less work. What a life! I've never met the guy, but from several people who work with him say he is about the most difficult and immature person they've ever encountered.

Re: Wind slackens, I thought I was the only one who noticed that! :lol It bugs me as well. I can't watch Alan Longstreet. It's painful and I come away after his weathercast wondering what the weather will be tomorrow. I find myself watching WDIV and Brandon Roux on the weekends now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:26 pm 

Ben Bailey seems to be angling for a seat on the big brown couch.... :barf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 am 

So "Big" Ben only refers to his ego? Guess those acting class came in handy, cuase he acts like such a kind, caring, considerate friend to all. Like a hot Gome Pyle. So what's the big deal with sitting on the big brown couch? Cause that's where all the cool kids are? Still say that Fox 2 has the folks with the best rapport amongst themselves. (OK and the hottest guys! :hat )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 am 

They just spent several minutes discussing Kam Carman's "bad hair" and "Abe Lincoln chin"!!!! And that was on the heels of some terrible Joe Cocker impressions which the three of them found terribly funny. I tolerated that but when it became all about Kam, I just shut it off - suffice to say I'd be happy with anybody else on the Big Brown Couch, Ben Bailey included, but I don't get the feeling he's all that comfortable on it.