Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Thursday, October 23 at 8:45p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bob & Tom Show Sucks!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:12 am 

I've been listening to 93.9 The Bear for Nights With Alice Cooper in the evenings. This morning I turned the radio on and Bob & Tom is on. What an awful show! It's just pure stupidity. How does anyone stomach this show in the AM?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:06 am 

I only listened once, their guest was playing some prank calls he had made, which were quite funny, but Bob & Tom and whatever obnoxious middle aged female they had in the studio were constantly laughing through the whole thing. It made it unlistenable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:28 am 

The show only lasted a few months in Detroit because it sucked so bad. For some reason I cannot understand to this day, it does well in medium and small markets.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:08 pm 

hereornot wrote:
The show only lasted a few months in Detroit because it sucked so bad. For some reason I cannot understand to this day, it does well in medium and small markets.

For some reason? It's because, as subpar as Bob and Tom are, they're much more listenable than the average medium/small market morning show. This wasn't always the case, but most of the true talent has left the business because 1) the pay has become a joke, 2) there are better opportunities in other forms of media, or 3) they've been laid off by Clear Channel and/or Cumulus.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:44 pm 

Two guys constantly laughing at their own lame jokes is not listenable in my mind. I'll take your average smaller market host any day over them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:51 am 

hereornot wrote:
Two guys constantly laughing at their own lame jokes is not listenable in my mind.

Two words: Laugh track.

Laughter is supposed to be contagious, but overuse of that tool lost me as a consumer years ago... B&T & their female sidekick... it was easy (& irritating) to hear their laughter looped and often stepping on their own voice during talk.

I'd often enjoy the show otherwise; some of the guest comedians were pretty good, too, and in an area where there are very few venues for seeing it live, that show was a good way to get exposed to a wider range of comedy talent during an otherwise boring daily 1/2 hour commute.

The laugh track finally won... I haven't heard the show in over 2 years...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:48 am 

The money earned has become a joke? The punch line is that some here are laughing all the way to the back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:11 pm 

kager wrote:
Two words: Laugh track.

Bingo! On the few times I've had the misfortune of hearing B&T, that stupid laugh track was even more irritating than the hosts, who were also quite irritating.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:46 pm 

The laugh track was started because all the sub par medium and small market morning shows were stealing their comedy bits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:39 pm 

Fire Chief wrote:
The laugh track was started because all the sub par medium and small market morning shows were stealing their comedy bits.

I didn't know that Fire Chief....that's very interesting!

You learn something new everyday. I always wondered why they started that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:29 pm 

If that's the case, that's horrible execution on Bob & Tom's part. Surely there are other ways to watermark your copywrited material without destroying the integrity of the show. Others do it all the time, don't they? Otherwise everyone would be stealing everyone's bits.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:38 pm 

Bob and toms target audience are dumb, alcoholic single perverts.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:48 am 

...hey I'm not that dumb...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:20 pm 

Any gauge as to "who is listening" to this particular programme? Demographics? Sociographics? Why does the show "suck" with regards to the many available choices "in comparison" on the FM radio dial? Can ANYONE provide relative numbers? It's been pointed out that Arbitron "results" are negated. Anyone? All I want to know is "What is the NUMBER ONE-MOST-LISTENED-TO-RADIO-STATION-IN-NORTHERN-MICHIGAN"? Opinions, educated guesses, will be regarded as "fantasy." I, and others, are looking for REAL numbers. Thank you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:30 pm 

I don't live in northern Michigan, so I can't say. I read all the threads, and since I've heard these two before, I thought I'd comment. I know they only lasted a few months, maybe six at the most in Detroit, yet they do very well in places like Toledo. From other research, it appears they can't do anything in large markets.