Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Thursday, October 23 at 8:45p ET have been activated.  
 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:03 am
Posts: 274
Courtesy: MLive

Hackers Send Profane Message To Public Radio Listeners In Flint, West Michigan


http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/03/hackers_take_over_michigan_rad.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm
Posts: 2736
SixPlusOne wrote:
Courtesy: MLive

Hackers Send Profane Message To Public Radio Listeners In Flint, West Michigan


http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/03/hackers_take_over_michigan_rad.html



heres a pic..

i wish my 1999 Crown victoria had RDS.


Attachments:
NPR.jpg
NPR.jpg [ 48.22 KiB | Viewed 1720 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am
Posts: 52
It does make you wonder about "data security" at all stations. Just last year I think it was the EAS system and zombies.

SixPlusOne wrote:
Courtesy: MLive

Hackers Send Profane Message To Public Radio Listeners In Flint, West Michigan


http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2014/03/hackers_take_over_michigan_rad.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:27 pm
Posts: 1051
Hah... that's incredibly funny, right there. Sad, but funny. Hacking an RDS... I would assume through an unsecured transmitter or audio processor interface. That had to take a bit of understanding of the gear being hacked that most average script-kiddies just wouldn't have, no? I dare say there was at least a good chance of this being done by someone with experience in broadcasting, if not an all-out inside job.

_________________
I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am
Posts: 52
Agree. Sounds like an insider. Much like the WKAR fiasco. Not sure if they ever pinned that one down.

Ed Joseph wrote:
Hah... that's incredibly funny, right there. Sad, but funny. Hacking an RDS... I would assume through an unsecured transmitter or audio processor interface. That had to take a bit of understanding of the gear being hacked that most average script-kiddies just wouldn't have, no? I dare say there was at least a good chance of this being done by someone with experience in broadcasting, if not an all-out inside job.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am
Posts: 212
Who chooses the words for these stories? "Profane" means the disrespecting something religious or sacred, not simply a member of the male anatomy. Wow. Check. What. Words. Mean.

And speaking of checking, yikes! Didn't this guy used to work in Flint?

http://deadspin.com/denver-news-station ... socialflow


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:12 am
Posts: 40
Location: Mid Michigan
NOT a wardrobe malfunction!

_________________
Frank


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:14 am
Posts: 2506
Location: somewhere in the former boonies
I thought Terry was a woman? If true, this is more like breaking news.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:27 pm
Posts: 1051
jry wrote:
I thought Terry was a woman? If true, this is more like breaking news.

In that case, I'd guess she'd be glad it's small! LOL!

_________________
I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group