Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

CBS News Detroit

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
GS3580

CBS News Detroit

Post by GS3580 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am

I must say that after 16 months, WWJ’s news operation has vastly improved. I’ve always liked the newscasts but must admit that there were little things that I found to be annoying. Mainly the small newsroom and the meteorologist walking from the anchor desk to the screen. In addition, Jeff Skversky annoyed me.

Anyhow, the usage of the CBS graphics are a lot better and the overall presentation is vastly improved from launch. Troy is a much better fit on the morning crew with Kris and Sandra, while Kylie works better in midday.

Terrence Friday is decent. Much than Jeff. Shaina and Ahmad are awesome. I actually like Meredith a lot better than Rachelle Graham. I think Lauren would work much better on weekends. Speaking of which, when will the weekend morning newscasts start? Where is Karen Carter??

Anyhow, I just think 62 needs to hire more people, especially a sports anchor. Not having one looks really, really bad. Anyhow, station has come a long way, but still has things to work on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic