Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 29 at 11:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Wednesday evening (May 29) alert: The Buzzboard is experiencing server response time issues. The slow page loading may be the result of scheduled maintenance my hosting provider is currently performing on its servers and software. I anticipate the problem being resolved by sometime on Friday, May 31. Thank you in advance for your patience during this period.

Ron Cameron

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
edj

Re: Ron Cameron

Post by edj » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 pm

There are more important questions about OJ like:

What's your greatest thrill?
Did you always want to be a football player?
What do you think of the shift?
Do you agree Wilt Chamberlain is the greatest basketball player?
Was Bea Arthur a man?

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am

edj wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:01 pm

Was Bea Arthur a man?
Yes, you know if Ron had landed a post-murders interview with OJ, Ron wouldn't have gone near the murders. It would've definitely been a safe space for OJ. Ron would have somehow made it all about himself. Maybe he had some brush with MSU's Joe DeLamielleure, one of OJ's guards on the Bills, & would have gone on at length about him, a "great man," I'm sure. Then he would talk about Jim Brown being the GOAT, not Barry Sanders, just ask William Sanders. This might've so frustrated OJ - perhaps even enraging him - that one would hope for Ron's sake it was not an in-studio interview.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm

Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am
edj wrote:

Was Bea Arthur a man?
Yes, you know if Ron had landed a post-murders interview with OJ, Ron wouldn't have gone near the murders. It would've definitely been a safe space for OJ. Ron would have somehow made it all about himself. Maybe he had some brush with MSU's Joe DeLamielleure, one of OJ's guards on the Bills, & would have gone on at length about him, a "great man," I'm sure. Then he would talk about Jim Brown being the GOAT, not Barry Sanders, just ask William Sanders. This might've so frustrated OJ - perhaps even enraging him - that one would hope for Ron's sake it was not an in-studio interview.
It wouldn't have surprised me if Ron crossed paths a few times with Reggie McKenzie, another one of O.J.'s blockers. Reggie's been very active in this area, with a business and a foundation.

Momo

Post by Momo » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:31 pm

Bobbert wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:08 pm
Momo wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:43 am
edj wrote:

Was Bea Arthur a man?
It wouldn't have surprised me if Ron crossed paths a few times with Reggie McKenzie, another one of O.J.'s blockers. Reggie's been very active in this area, with a business and a foundation.
Yes, a far more plausible connection. Even with a major “get” like O.J., Ron could be counted on to put himself at the center of the interview. So the more mutual contacts the better.

Momo

Post by Momo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

Having vowed that Ron would not live to see him driven from the league, Blake Griffin has now announced his retirement.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/399 ... a-14-years

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm

Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm
Having vowed that Ron would not live to see him driven from the league, Blake Griffin has now announced his retirement.

Was going to post this…:such a day this is, the commentary on Rons show would have been hall of fame worthy :)

Momo

Post by Momo » Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 am

Happy (71st) birthday today to Kurt, the inscrutable first citizen of Fraser.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm
Momo wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:39 pm

Was going to post this…:such a day this is, the commentary on Rons show would have been hall of fame worthy :)
Ron would have had a field day with this part of Griffin's farewell letter:
"...and it wouldn't be a retirement letter without acknowledging the "haters"..."

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:30 am

Momo wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:27 am
Happy (71st) birthday today to Kurt, the inscrutable first citizen of Fraser.

Dan in Northville

Post by Dan in Northville » Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm

Going past the new Dairy Queen on Five Mile in Plymouth, I thought of Ron. So I just had to hit the drive thru for a strawberry sundae. Although, at four bucks for a small sundae, I'm not sure I'll be going back.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am

Dan in Northville wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:58 pm
Going past the new Dairy Queen on Five Mile in Plymouth, I thought of Ron. So I just had to hit the drive thru for a strawberry sundae. Although, at four bucks for a small sundae, I'm not sure I'll be going back.
I agree about the pricing. I get the medium vanilla cone there for about the same price. But I'll probably keep getting tempted by it since it's so close to my home. I might also make use of some coupons I got in the mail.

radiofan1974

Post by radiofan1974 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am

Anyone have an under the radar radio show they have tuned into to replace your Sportstalk listening? Show does not necessarily have to be sports themed show. I still tune into WPON every now and then to hear what there playing

I enjoy the fox sports morning shows on both satuday and Sunday mornings….though I have been listening to them for quite some time now

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am

radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am
Anyone have an under the radar radio show they have tuned into to replace your Sportstalk listening? Show does not necessarily have to be sports themed show. I still tune into WPON every now and then to hear what there playing

I enjoy the fox sports morning shows on both satuday and Sunday mornings….though I have been listening to them for quite some time now
I've been listening to 97.1 a little more in the mornings, except when they are not talking sports (which is too often). Jon Jansen has a very level-headed, mature style. Sometimes I tune in to Karsch and Anderson in the afternoons.

But those are just for a few minutes at a time. I wish I could say that I miss listening to Ron Cameron for 2-4 hours every weekend, but I don't. Towards the end, it was just a compulsive habit, helped by our group discussions, just to see how Ron's story ended. Wish he'd had a happier ending.

Majik

Post by Majik » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:37 am

Bobbert wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:56 am
radiofan1974 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:03 am

I've been listening to 97.1 a little more in the mornings, except when they are not talking sports (which is too often). Jon Jansen has a very level-headed, mature style. Sometimes I tune in to Karsch and Anderson in the afternoons.

But those are just for a few minutes at a time. I wish I could say that I miss listening to Ron Cameron for 2-4 hours every weekend, but I don't. Towards the end, it was just a compulsive habit, helped by our group discussions, just to see how Ron's story ended. Wish he'd had a happier ending.
Since I have not seen any update. In my best Inspector Luger from Barney Miller, I guess the carcass is still laid out on a slab down at the Warren morgue waiting for release.

edj

Post by edj » Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:20 pm

Heard Mr. Positive on Riger’s show today. Still sounding good.

I’m still hoping Kurt is OK.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic