Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Sunday, September 21 at 7:45p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:46 am 
Site Admin

How long before we see another reboot? Will they wait to see how the 105.1 rumors play out?

16th place in the May PPMs. 3.0 share. Granted, their main competitors (WDVD, WMGC) also slipped, and I believe a higher percentage of WMGC's listeners are outside of the money demo -- i.e. too old.

I remember when WNIC used to grab at least a 6 share every single book! Of course, the market has changed a ton since then, as have listening habits.

Fresh needs to dump the voicetracked Dave Kent from afternoon drive. He sucks. His voice is shot. He sounds fatigued. He was a good personality on West Michigan radio years ago. Now, he's stinking it up on Detroit's airwaves.

If I were them, I'd move Teresa Lucas from middays to afternoon drive. Find another live, local jock for middays (this is CC, so it won't happen).

Change out the corny, flat sounding imaging in favor of something a little more creative & "busy." The promos with the fake listeners ratting off names of cities comes across as insipid and desperate.

Would be nice to hear more music from the last five years on 100.3, and would love to see them open up the playlist and become a little more edgy at night (including some of the old school party hits that 106.7 used to play as The Beat).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:29 pm 

First off, drop the Fresh name and just bring back "100.3 WNIC". Do what worked before, keep it simple. Part of the reason 100.3 was getting 6 shares(like early 2000's/ late 90's) was because the station didn't have much competition. 105.1 was still playing The Dead Milkmen and later Classic soul. 96.3 was still doing mellow alternative. Definitely, the market has changed a lot in 10 years.

I guess we will have to see what happens with the 105.1 rumors, if they flip to sports it will be because of revenue not so much ratings(as in V98.7). I think they are waiting to see if the shoes going to drop or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:06 pm 

MWmetalhead wrote:

Change out the corny, flat sounding imaging in favor of something a little more creative & "busy." The promos with the fake listeners ratting off names of cities comes across as insipid and desperate.

CC is pulling that stunt on Star 105.7 with fake listeners and such yet their ratings havent sunk yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:18 pm 

Dumping Jay Towers would be a good start.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:52 pm 

hereornot wrote:
Dumping Jay Towers would be a good start.

exactly, it would drag those Female Minivan driving listeners to Blaine and Allyson or Chris Edmonds whos just as bad as towers and some to Mojo, which i still cant believe is still on the air since 2000.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm 

Hey, I know......

"Stereo Island"

How many here even get the joke?