Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Weather reporting

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Weather reporting

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:24 am

Good info, and what you described jibes with my personal observation. They seem to seldom trim trees that are found in easements along rear property lines.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:36 am

By the way, the alleged heat wave we were supposed to receive this week turned out to be fake news. No 90 degree readings so far in SE Michigan this week to the best of my knowledge, we certainly won't get that warm today, and we probably won't get that warm tomorrow.

Meteorological summer has definitely been cooler than average so far.

The heat indices the NWS is projecting for tomorrow will not be reached in most instances. I think they'll top out briefly in the mid 90s in many areas, not upper 90s to 100+.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:09 pm

Fake news from Kim Adams. It's not reached 90 yet this week, and Friday is the only day this week where it *might* happen.

WDIV's web editor should remove or amend this story.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/weather/ ... -humidity/

There is nothing newsworthy about high temps in the mid 80s and dewpoints in the mid to upper 60s this time of year.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:09 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:09 pm
Fake news from Kim Adams. It's not reached 90 yet this week, and Friday is the only day this week where it *might* happen.

There is nothing newsworthy about high temps in the mid 80s and dewpoints in the mid to upper 60s this time of year.
Yea.. the only thing she missed was "TEN MILLION MICHIGANDERS AFFECTED BY EXCESSIVE TEMPERATURES!!!!!!!!!"

:rollin :rollin

BKRPDM

Post by BKRPDM » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:00 pm

km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:09 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Yea.. the only thing she missed was "TEN MILLION MICHIGANDERS AFFECTED BY EXCESSIVE TEMPERATURES!!!!!!!!!"

Who started this ridiculous trend? That’s all you’ll hear from Al Roker and all of the main weather outlets. Do we really give a shit about the specific number affected? Just as crazy as the Weather Channel naming non-hurricane storms.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:42 pm

BKRPDM wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:00 pm
km1125 wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 1:09 pm
MWmetalhead wrote:

Who started this ridiculous trend? That’s all you’ll hear from Al Roker and all of the main weather outlets. Do we really give a shit about the specific number affected? Just as crazy as the Weather Channel naming non-hurricane storms.
I don't know for sure if they were the ones that really started it, but The Weather Channel certainly were the ones who popularized it 20 years ago. This was way before they started naming the non-hurricane storms and before they were affiliated with NBC. I think once they got affiliated with NBC, Al Roker got a major case of infection and has not been able to purge it at all, and in fact it might have gotten worse.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 28, 2023 7:23 am

I don't believe any of the forecasts that claim Metro Detroit will reach or exceed 90 degrees today.

The storm complex to the west (mostly along and south of I-94) is not going to completely fizzle as some are touting.

At minimum, there should be a fair deal of cloud cover midday in many areas. I think there will also be some showers and possible storms around. That, plus the high humidity (which makes the air more resistant to warming), should put a lid on temps.

I think max temps will be in the mid or upper 80s in most areas. Areas near I-69 and M-59 have the best chance of seeing 90.

I correctly predicted yesterday's max temps and dew point readings, for what that's worth. 😎

It will certainly be a bit more humid this afternoon versus yesterday afternoon in Metro Detroit. I think 70+ dew point readings will be common.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:15 am

Dew point has climbed to 73 in my locale. Yuck.

Mega Hertz

Post by Mega Hertz » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:30 am

Dude, it's stickier out here than Bryce's drawers when Newsmax talks about Hunter Biden.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

ZenithCKLW

Post by ZenithCKLW » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:15 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:30 am
Dude, it's stickier out here than Bryce's drawers when Newsmax talks about Hunter Biden.
Come on it’s not THAT sticky outside.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:17 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:30 am
Dammit! I have to wipe my lunch beer off the monitor now. :rollin
Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:35 pm

I'm not impressed by Ron Hilliard at WDIV or Marissa at WXYZ. Both are still calling for max air temps in the low 90s today pretty much everywhere.

Not...gonna...happen! Lots of debris clouds and smoke around. The smoke is pretty high in the sky today, so air quality shouldn't be too bad.

TWC just lowered it's predicted high temp for my neighborhood from 91 to 85. That's probably about right. I'm thinking top temp will be 86 or 87 here. Temp actually fell by a degree here within the last 30 minutes.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:05 pm

Rexroth is doing his Chicken Little routine again.

"Very heavy rain" and "strong storms" are hardly a sure bet area wide overnight contrary to what he is proclaiming.

Chances of those issues occurring are much higher in western lower Michigan and perhaps central lower Michigan than here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:35 pm

I turned the channel to Fox 2 just in time. 🤩

bmw

Post by bmw » Fri Jul 28, 2023 10:36 pm

This is one of least-accurate months for weather forecasting I've ever seen up my way. Multiple times when the forecast has been "Mostly Sunny" with the percent chance of rain in the low-single-digits, we've gotten dumped on. Other times they really play up the rain, 100% chance of up to an inch, and we don't get a drop.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic