Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

C'mon Kim Adams - get a clue...

Discussion pertaining to Detroit, Ann Arbor, Port Huron, and SW Ontario
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: C'mon Kim Adams - get a clue...

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed May 10, 2023 2:15 pm

I actually like her presentation of the weather, generally speaking.

She is more charismatic on camera than many on-air forecasters in this market. I'd describe her knowledge and accuracy as "average."

Her remarks last Friday did catch me by surprise.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed May 10, 2023 6:22 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 pm
deadend wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm
I cannot stand Kim Adams. Classic sociopath. I celebrated when she left the first time and was pissed when they brought her back. She reminds me of the character from the movie “to die for”. Manipulative and vain, shallow and untrustworthy, self centered and cruel.
Holy crap.
She's just someone doing a weather forecast. You don't know her. She don't know you. Change channels. Weird..
Ex?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

pargoff

Post by pargoff » Thu May 11, 2023 9:07 am

I think you're putting a bit too much stock in a local weather person.

ProducerXM

Post by ProducerXM » Thu May 11, 2023 10:19 am

Surprised at the cattiness on here. Speaking factually… Adam’s is a mediocre talent at best. Her forecasting is marginal at best. Her connections to people in power, however, are excellent which is why she has been able to land herself job after job and why she’s back on the air at 50+.
Ashlee Baracy is a far better forecaster, her delivery is excellent and she seems like a nice person. Hopefully she’ll enjoy a long career here.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 11, 2023 11:30 am

I agree; Ashlee comes across as more knowledgeable.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

SolidGoldDancers

Post by SolidGoldDancers » Fri May 12, 2023 5:52 pm

Round Six wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:41 pm
deadend wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:40 pm
I cannot stand Kim Adams. Classic sociopath. I celebrated when she left the first time and was pissed when they brought her back. She reminds me of the character from the movie “to die for”. Manipulative and vain, shallow and untrustworthy, self centered and cruel.
Holy crap.
She's just someone doing a weather forecast. You don't know her. She don't know you. Change channels. Weird..
You do realize that a lot of people who work in the industry in the Detroit market come here, right? It is more than plausible that OP has worked with Kim at some point, she's only been through four combined tours of duty through the top two stations.

It isn't just about changing the channel, it is industry discussion and talk about the talent is very much on topic. Find another thread if you don't like criticisms of talent.

I don't share his opinion of a sociopath though. Some of the rest though...yeah I can see it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic