Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Sunday, September 21 at 7:45p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ben Bailey out at Fox 2
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:55 am 

Today is Ben Bailey's last day on the air. He says its time to move on to other things. Think he's getting pushed out?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:00 am 

I wondered the same thing, but if that's it, it's a major mistake and a big loss. Class act, knows his stuff, and killer sense of humor when he was able to sneak it in. Best of luck to him wherever he lands and thanks for 9 enjoyable years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:42 am 

Pushed out? No way. Maybe he's had enough of getting up at 2:00 in the morning and watching life pass him by. Maybe he's got a 6 month non compete and he's going to show up somewhere else. Who knows? I say good luck to Mr. Bailey. He will be missed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm 

I don't know. I watched his good bye. When Alan and Q were introducing Ben they seemed shocked he was leaving. Ben got pretty emotional. Didn't seem like this was his choice and he said he didn't know what was going to happen. Had he said he has some things lined up I would say this was his choice.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:37 pm 

Yep, I saw the emotions on both sides of the desk also and thought the same thing. Alan Lee was especially transparent, and he was the one who presented the cake. After 9 years, you'd expect a more dominant management role. Even before the lack of a revelation of another opportunity and the accompanying jubilation for an onward and upward move, it had the feel of a shock and sadness. In comparison to Wyatt Everhart's departure, his choice, it was a total 180, and I thought the shock on the part of his co-workers was palpable also. As I said in my earlier post, if it wasn't his doing, Fox2 made a helluva mistake on this one.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:40 pm 

I bet you that Jessica Starr ends up in the full-time morning slot (back from maternity leave) this coming Monday morning, July 22nd...part of ND Dana Hahn's "girls club!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

What a big disappointment that would be. She's mediocre compared to Ben. You're probably right, though.

Probably a combination of Kam, Jessica and Alan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:58 pm 

to bad he's leaving. I've always liked Bailey. Just seemed very personable and a very nice young man and pretty good at what he does.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:50 pm 

Ben giving his 2 weeks notice, 2 weeks ago caught Dana by total surprise from what I hear. Ben wanted out, for whatever reason he was unhappy, it was kept a secret until today at Ben's request. It's hard to believe someone would walk away from a good gig they were doing well at with nothing planned. Perhaps he will take a main weather anchor gig somewhere else or get out of the biz, whatever happens good luck to him and I'm glad someone got out on their own terms.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:39 am 

Thanks for "2 scoops" of inside info, CJ! :)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:16 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Ben giving his 2 weeks notice, 2 weeks ago caught Dana by total surprise from what I hear. Ben wanted out, for whatever reason he was unhappy, it was kept a secret until today at Ben's request.

Maybe he was sick of getting so little air time on the morning show. Alan (Longstreet) & Kam seemed to be getting as much if not more face time than him.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:23 pm 

I liked Bailey in the mornings, but I knew something was up when they brought in that other busted looking blonde to do weather on the weekends. With her, Luterman, Longstreet, Bailey, and Starr coming back, things were getting a little crowded.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm 

aaugusti wrote:
I liked Bailey in the mornings, but I knew something was up when they brought in that other busted looking blonde to do weather on the weekends. With her, Luterman, Longstreet, Bailey, and Starr coming back, things were getting a little crowded.

Please. When you people actually know all the facts, then, please comment. Otherwise, please keep your ridiculous comments to yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:32 pm 

What "facts" did I leave out. In the last few weeks some new blonde has been doing weather and IMO she is very unattractive. Counting her, you also has Luterman, Bailey, Longstreet, and Jessica Starr. That's 5 people for the weather department, and was a clue to me that someone was going to be leaving soon.

That is all I pointed out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:33 pm 

It's been 3 main ones and a couple fill-in weekend folks for some time.