Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
Paul Richards

Re: Pro-Palestinian terrorist protesters take over Columbia University building

Post by Paul Richards » Wed May 01, 2024 9:13 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:56 am
So what do you commies have planned for May Day? Dance around the flagpole with the hammer and sickle flag?
💯. They’re getting the minutes of the last Nazi meeting together to go over the latest agenda.

Jo and the Ho gotta Go.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Wed May 01, 2024 9:14 am

I’m waiting for the next protesters at Columbia to read a “land acknowledgement” statement, saying

“we camp, occupy, colonize and protest and terrorize on these university lands with the freedom and rights afforded to us by Alexander Hamilton and John jay, our beloved founding fathers who have these buildings named after them. And we protest on these lands named after the beloved Christopher Columbus who brought western enlightenment to the natives on these lands. We acknowledge This campus was paid for by other tuition paying students and by the taxpayers of the US who will pay our cancelled student loans and who wish to have a peaceful education experience. Our efforts are sponsored by and brought to you by George soros and Rockefeller family”

BTW a real radical protest would demand changing the names of the Hamilton hall, John jay school of law building and Columbia university itself.

These kids are imposter protesters!
Last edited by radiofann on Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ben Zonia

Post by Ben Zonia » Wed May 01, 2024 9:17 am

zzand wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am
"Where I live I am one of four Jews in town. We are all living with one eye behind us at all times. All my children have concealed carry permits and are doing so.
Good for you to all have CCW permits. Mark Scott always used to talk about JPFO. Are they still as active now? Jay Leno made some crack about them having their convention in a phone booth. We ALL need to watch our 6 these days. Christians are persecuted and discriminated against now too. Always have been worldwide, especially in Communist countries. Now it's more prevalent in the US. JPFO had an article about all major world religions believing that you have the right to self defense at the time Mark Scott interviewed the director as I recall.

https://jpfo.org

When I was young, some Jewish students in my class were persecuted because they got good grades. They all are professionals now. They resent that too. There was also the stereotype that they all wore glasses, and people who weren't even Jewish were beaten up and given a hard time because of this stereotype. TV perpetuated these stereotypes. Remember Paul Pfeiffer on "The Wonder Years"?
Last edited by Ben Zonia on Wed May 01, 2024 9:51 am, edited 4 times in total.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Wed May 01, 2024 9:19 am

Ben Zonia wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:17 am
zzand wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:32 am
"Where I live I am one of four Jews in town. We are all living with one eye behind us at all times. All my children have concealed carry permits and are doing so.
Good for you to all have CCW permits. Mark Scott always used to talk about JPFO. Does that still exist? Jay Leno made some crack about them having their convention in a phone booth. We ALL need to watch our 6 these days. Christians are persecuted and discriminated against now too. Always have been worldwide, especially in Communist countries. Now it's more prevalent in the US. JPFO had an article about all major world religions believing that you have the right to self defense at the time Mark Scott interviewed the director as I recall.
RIP Mark Scott! Excelsior!

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 01, 2024 9:52 am

All the commie talk is interesting considering the interview Trump did that is posted elsewhere in this forum. He has stated for the record he will build concentration camps for undocumented immigrants. He has stated for the record he will deploy the National Guard and maybe regular military where he wants to deal with whatever he feels they need to deal with. He has stated he will send the Justice Department after Biden and other political enemies. Sound familiar? MAGA and NAZI Each four letters, interesting.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 01, 2024 10:08 am

...and...TC Talks' "peaceful protester" narrative continues to fall apart this morning. Just heard on the top-of-the-hour radio news (ABC) that the NYPD moved in to Columbia this morning and arrested 300 people. They played a snippet of the DEMOCRAT mayor of NEW YORK CITY saying that, and I'm quoting to the best of my recollection, "there's nothing peaceful about barricading buildings, destroying property, and dismantling security cameras." The lady reading the news also said that overnight, protesters clashed "violently" at USC.

So again, nice try, TC Talks. This is domestic terrorism.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 01, 2024 10:14 am

That is damn close BMW. We had it on our news too.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 am

So you're on the ground? Once again, the you know more than the reporters and President of the fucking University?

As for Eric Adams, he's a retired cop. He's about as law and order as it gets.

Unlike Trump protests, no one is dead.

BMW,enjoy the fantasy, it's a good idea you live in the sticks.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 01, 2024 10:30 am

While there were no deaths there was violence overnight in LA. Physical fights between Pro and Anti Israel protesters, tear gas, police stayed away for hours until they finally moved in to quell the fighting. Sorry TC Talks, but they are turning violent and if death is your point to stand on that is myopic. In more than once place they are not longer peaceful. I realize you come down on the anti Israel side but violence is violence and not peaceful death or no death.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 am

Columbia university president requests police to maintain presence on campus until May 27, because it’s a peaceful picnic?

No, because it is unsafe, criminal squalor, and she needs free tax-payer provided protection thru commencement day.

I say NY police (representing the taxpayer) should charge Columbia university for every cent of
Police OT required. They are not mandated to protect a private university. Private university has its own campus safety. Columbia university should be forced to pay out of their wealthy endowment for this extra protection and spare the NYC taxpayer.

Also, the violence and criminality is well documented on CNN. When it gets so bad to be covered on CNN, it tell my acquaintances “it’s not just Fox News fomenting, the same coverage is on CNN and MSNBC”

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed May 01, 2024 10:52 am

So to summarize...
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 10:15 am
So you're on the ground?
Are you?
TC Talks wrote:
Once again, the you know more than the reporters and President of the fucking University?
I just told you what reporters on ABC News had to say about it. I also pointed out to you that the Columbia University website explicitly states that it is unsafe to be on campus. Are you suggesting that this was put there against the will of the University President and/or without their approval? Bullshit. I guarantee you that the President (probably along with an attorney) carefully crafted that entire statement.
TC Talks wrote:
As for Eric Adams, he's a retired cop. He's about as law and order as it gets.
So his professional opinion that the protests are not peaceful is illegitimate?
TC Talks wrote:
So in order for something to be classified as "violent" or "not peaceful," people must die?
TC Talks wrote:
BMW,enjoy the fantasy, it's a good idea you live in the sticks.
I think it is quite clear between you and me who is living in fantasy land here. Some of the protesters are violent, and because you are personally sympathetic to the cause, you won't admit it. Simple as that.

zzand

Post by zzand » Wed May 01, 2024 10:53 am

I will bet that the NYPD will indeed bill the University for their services.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:03 am

TC Talks wrote:
But when we look at liberal protests as a whole plenty of people have died over the last few years.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed May 01, 2024 11:13 am

bmw wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 9:03 am
TC Talks wrote:
Wed May 01, 2024 8:05 am
Columbia's President acknowledged these were peaceful protesters. They didn't do damage, they disrupted.

- Again, try reading, and understand the nuisances of adjectives. Terrorists are violent, like when the Jan 6 d domestic terrorists killed cops. These protesters used words.
Nice try. You're trying to sugarcoat the situation. In the "Limited Access" to Campus announcement in big red letters on Columbia's website that I posted, the word "safety" is used. "This access restriction will remain in place until circumstances allow otherwise. The safety of every single member of this community is paramount."

There's no nuance there. The word "safety" is defined by Merriam Webster as "the condition of being safe from undergoing or causing hurt, injury, or loss." That can be read no other way than an acknowledgement by the University that the current circumstances are that there is a threat of people being hurt or injured. The notice says nothing about disruption. It says safety.
To a degree a statement like that is going to overstate things in big red letters to hammer home the point to not get in the way of what’s going on or come down and watch the festivities. That’s the nature of these things. Congratulations on eating it right up.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 am

It is a bit of head scratcher that dozens of armed conflicts are happening right now in the world, that kill and maim innocent civilians, yet the only one left wing people openly care about is the one where Jews are winning after being attacked. It raise an anti-Semite question.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic