Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
MotorCityRadioFreak

Re: Where’s Cricket? Kristi Noem Defends Killing Her Dog

Post by MotorCityRadioFreak » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:18 am

Vote Noem/Thanedar 2024 for the Dog K*llers’ Party!

They/them, non-binary and proud.

Remember that “2000 Mules” was concocted by a circus of elephants.
The right needs to stop worry about what’s between people’s legs. Instead, they should focus on what’s between their ears.
Audacity sucks.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:29 am

Shockingly, killing one's dog does not appear to be a political plus: https://www.newsweek.com/kristi-noem-ki ... ds-1894844
The censorship king from out of state.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am

Rate This wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm
bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:24 pm
So is the majority opinion here that dogs are more deserving of life than are unborn humans?
No. The majority opinion appears to be that killing a dog is bad and abortions (what’s happening inside a person) is none of anyone’s damn business. Of course the biggest difference is the dog has been born and the clump of cells that’s usually not much more than that when an abortion happens really isn’t a person yet. But nobody is taking out a billboard touting their joy in getting an abortion or wearing it as a badge of honor. NOBODY. Apparently for yourself and many other supposed small government folks apparently that doesn’t include the government keeping its nose out of peoples sex lives or what they read or who they love. You want the government as absolutely large and in charge as it can get to cover people’s personal lives lest they offend your sensibilities.
Letitia James wears her abortion as a badge of honor: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... o/3673421/
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 am

bmw wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:16 pm
You're missing the point. So let me ask you 2 questions:

In your opinion, is a pet one's personal property?
In your opinion, is a fetus the personal property of its mother?

As far as "caring so damn much," that's not really the case. I would probably be considered as a centrist by most when it comes to the abortion debate. I just like calling out the rhetorical gymnastics that people go through to defend abortion while not applying the same logic to their opinions on other matters.
Even if a dog is one's personal property, choosing to kill it by gunfire because you are incapable of training it properly is a cringeworthy decision. I have no idea if her actions were legal under South Dakota law, but even if they were, why would that preclude us from criticizing her actions from an ethical vantage point?

The dog in question was not unborn, by the way. It was 14 months of age, cognitively mature, and very capable of feeling pain. This isn't a farm animal or wild animal we're talking about here; we're talking about a domesticated dog.

If the dog was truly unruly to the point of being unfit for anyone's ownership, she could've euthanized it humanely. The bite she endured must've been minor, because it appears no professional medical treatment was required.

For what it's worth, I oppose late term abortion in all instances except to save the life of the mother.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am

As I sit here looking at my Maine Coon Cat snoozing and think of all the various pets my kids have and the ones I have had I have never thought of them as personal property. They are family members who we take to the doctor for check ups , sickness and surgery. We love them, feed and take care of them as we do any other family member. To think of them as personal property brings to mind when we thought a race of people were personal property and bought and sold them. As for the baby growing inside it's mother, it too is a family member who will also be loved , taken care of as a family member. We don't cut our legs open on the kitchen table to do surgery, it is done in a medical setting as are abortions. So neither are personal property.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:45 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:17 am
As I sit here looking at my Maine Coon Cat snoozing and think of all the various pets my kids have and the ones I have had I have never thought of them as personal property. They are family members who we take to the doctor for check ups , sickness and surgery. We love them, feed and take care of them as we do any other family member. To think of them as personal property brings to mind when we thought a race of people were personal property and bought and sold them. As for the baby growing inside it's mother, it too is a family member who will also be loved , taken care of as a family member. We don't cut our legs open on the kitchen table to do surgery, it is done in a medical setting as are abortions. So neither are personal property.
💯 This isnt an Old Yeller situation here.
The fact that someone could shoot a healthy, young dog that has been part of their life for over a year is the thing that is so disturbing. What does say about that person's character? But, Trump voters obviously don't care about character of the individual.
The censorship king from out of state.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am

Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am
Letitia James wears her abortion as a badge of honor: https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/n ... o/3673421/
Great find!
I was just elected and I was faced with the decision of whether to have an abortion or not, and I chose to have an abortion. I walked proudly into Planned Parenthood, and I make no apologies to anyone.
Interesting choice of words she uses. She walked PROUDLY into Planned Parenthood to get her abortion. And she apparently made her decision for the reason that she had just been elected and didn't want to deal with raising a child. Wonder what RT thinks of this? He claimed, in all caps, that "NOBODY" does this.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:04 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 am
Even if a dog is one's personal property, choosing to kill it by gunfire because you are incapable of training it properly is a cringeworthy decision. I have no idea if her actions were legal under South Dakota law, but even if they were, why would that preclude us from criticizing her actions from an ethical vantage point?
If the dog was truly unruly to the point of being unfit for anyone's ownership, she could've euthanized it humanely...
I guess I come from a very different background than you in this regard. I don't think anybody in my family (immediate or even intermediate) would consider putting down a domesticated animal, even a beloved pet, by method of shooting it as inhumane, so long as the reason for doing so is legitimate. Definitely a cultural difference here as I've heard stories in my intermediate family of one of the family "hunters" being called to put down a sick family pet by shooting it. Nobody thought of it as being inhumane.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:04 am
The dog in question was not unborn, by the way. It was 14 months of age, cognitively mature, and very capable of feeling pain. This isn't a farm animal or wild animal we're talking about here; we're talking about a domesticated dog.
An animal is an animal. What difference does it make if it is a dog or a cat or a horse or a rat? The only reason being domesticated seems relevant is because humans have an emotional attachment to their pets (as zzand noted). From the animal's point of view, what's the difference? Is it intelligence level? Because there are wild animals that are quite intelligent, yet, it is perfectly legal to shoot them. And not only is it perfectly legal, society accepts "shooting" as a method of killing wild animals, be it for hunting or pest control or whatever.

To be clear, I've had pets through the years that I have considered members of the family (I currently own a parakeet that is like family, even sometimes to the point of ridicule that a bird isn't really much of a pet like a dog or a cat is), so I fully understand the emotional side of this debate. But setting emotions aside, an animal is an animal, and I think its level of intelligence is more important than is its domestication status when it comes to what is humane and what is not.

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am

I too own a bird. A parrot who I have had in my various homes for 32 years. He laughs, talks, plays with the cat , they are friends, and is totally a family member. People think he is interesting but don't get it.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:34 am

If the dog were violently attacking a person or were seriously ill, I'd be OK with someone killing it in the manner used here.

The circumstances didn't warrant the action that was taken.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

bmw

Post by bmw » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:48 am

zzand wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:29 am
I too own a bird. A parrot who I have had in my various homes for 32 years. He laughs, talks, plays with the cat , they are friends, and is totally a family member. People think he is interesting but don't get it.
My fascination with birds goes back to my childhood, we had a pet starling that had an enormous vocabulary - like, if he were alive during the youtube era his videos would get hundreds of thousands of views and he'd be a youtube celebrity. Lived for 16 years - 1 year shy of the world record for a starling in captivity. Not many people know that starlings are great talkers and can make good pets. They're very smart too.

Round Six

Post by Round Six » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:07 pm

Four pages of interesting comments concerning putting pets down. Here's a scenario that actually happened:

Cocker spaniel picked up a splinter in it's mouth. By the time it was addressed, infection set in deep enough that it was going to cost almost a grand to remedy. Family decided they just didn't wanna spend that much jack on Precious and decided to put her down. Only issue with the dog is the infected jaw.

What would you do.
Beg, borrow and steal to save the mutt? Or put the dog under? Keep in mind you just don't have the money.
Life is not a dress rehearsal. This is it. There's no going back, and we can only go forward before we run out of runway.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:29 pm

What if's don't really matter. Many shelters will euthanize for a very reasonable fee.

This situation is nothing like a politician trying to score points by bragging she shot a family pet.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:02 pm

Round Six wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:53 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 pm
The fact that Noem brings up the dog killing completely on her own and puts it in her autobiography speaks volumes about her political acumen.
Having read all the posts, what you say is what was running thru my mind. Why did she or her handlers feel the need to include this in her autobiography?
Auditioning for the future boss. Pretty well known Trump has a distain for all thing canine. Just beefing up her bona-fide's.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am
Matt wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 am
Great find!
I was just elected and I was faced with the decision of whether to have an abortion or not, and I chose to have an abortion. I walked proudly into Planned Parenthood, and I make no apologies to anyone.
Interesting choice of words she uses. She walked PROUDLY into Planned Parenthood to get her abortion. And she apparently made her decision for the reason that she had just been elected and didn't want to deal with raising a child. Wonder what RT thinks of this? He claimed, in all caps, that "NOBODY" does this.
I think that’s proud she was allowed to decide for herself and not maniacally proud she was having it taken out of her while cackling like some sort of mad villain from a movie… I doubt she was very far along either…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic