Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Post by zzand » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am

Is Biden corrupt, yes. Is Trump corrupt, yes. It comes with the territory they work in. Politics and big business. Call it the cost of doing business or anything you like but it happens.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:55 am

zzand wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:53 am
Is Biden corrupt, yes. Is Trump corrupt, yes. It comes with the territory they work in. Politics and big business. Call it the cost of doing business or anything you like but it happens.
Of course corrupt and criminal are not mutually exclusive. You can be pretty sleazy and not break any laws.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm

Once again we seem to have pushed BMW into the corner where his complete denial of rule of law in our country.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

bmw

Post by bmw » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:08 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm
Once again we seem to have pushed BMW into the corner where his complete denial of rule of law in our country.
You're one to talk. Your application of the rule of law in this country is very selective, and you have a very twisted view of when it is and is not ok to shoot or threaten someone. 84 year old lady? Ok to shoot in the back. Reporters asking questions? Ok to put a knife to their throat. Defending your life against an armed robber? Not so much.

My position here is that this case never should have been brought in the first place. As such, to the extent that Donald Trump has to sit in a courtroom and when in public has to keep his mouth shut on certain matters, in the midst of a Presidential campaign, the damage is already being done. Frankly, I don't think the prosecutors give a rat's ass whether they get a conviction or not. They're accomplishing their mission as we speak. The conviction is only the icing on the cake. Dragging Trump through the "process" is the goal.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:13 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:08 pm
TC Talks wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:00 pm
You're one to talk. Your application of the rule of law in this country is very selective, and you have a very twisted view of when it is and is not ok to shoot or threaten someone. 84 year old lady? Ok to shoot in the back. Reporters asking questions? Ok to put a knife to their throat. Defending your life against an armed robber? Not so much.

My position here is that this case never should have been brought in the first place. As such, to the extent that Donald Trump has to sit in a courtroom and when in public has to keep his mouth shut on certain matters, in the midst of a Presidential campaign, the damage is already being done. Frankly, I don't think the prosecutors give a rat's ass whether they get a conviction or not. They're accomplishing their mission as we speak. The conviction is only the icing on the cake. Dragging Trump through the "process" is the goal.
You make a valid point, bmw. But it was brought up before that a plea deal might have been in the cult leaders best interests. Why didn't he pursue that?

Trump could probably convince voters that he had no choice but to accept the deal: “WITCH HUNT!!! There’s no way I could get a fair trial in front of this corrupt judge and a Manhattan jury! Besides, the trial would have kept me off the campaign trail for six weeks, and it’s crucial that I campaign and be elected your next president!”
The censorship king from out of state.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:30 pm

bmw wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:08 pm
You're one to talk. Your application of the rule of law in this country is very selective, and you have a very twisted view of when it is and is not ok to shoot or threaten someone. 84 year old lady? Ok to shoot in the back.
Wrong

The gentleman who defended himself said it was an accident and he still was convicted. I accept that he was prosecuted despite defending himself. She should have had been charged with trespassing at a minimum. But that's how justice works. The prosecutor likely felt she didn't need to be charged. Enforcement of the law is not guaranteed.

BTW, the gentleman in the attack by the woman also took a plea deal and didn't have any contempt of court issues.
“This lady comes up to me, knocks on my door, and says she’s from some coalition to save women and babies,” Sharon Harvey told the TV station. “She needed me to vote ‘no’ on Proposal 3. I told her I can’t do that. She would not take the fact that I was going to vote ‘yes’ on Proposal 3 as an answer. She didn’t care.”

Sharon Harvey said she told the woman to leave their property, but the woman responded, “Well, I have a right to be here,” before eventually stepping off the couple’s porch.

“It got louder and louder. My husband was in the barn and he heard it,” Sharon Harvey said.
Justice was served...
Richard Harvey was ordered to complete 100 hours of community service and given a suspended jail sentence of two months and a delayed sentence of one year on probation.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:05 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:52 am

NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump was held in contempt of court Tuesday and fined $9,000 for repeatedly violating a gag order that barred him from making public statements about witnesses, jurors and some others connected to his New York hush money case.

Prosecutors had alleged 10 violations, but New York Judge Juan M. Merchan found there were nine. Still, the ruling was a stinging rebuke for the Republican former president, who had insisted he was exercising his free speech rights.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:19 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:02 pm
bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:00 pm
I think Trump is daring the Judge to find him in contempt.
The judge SHOULD Find him in contempt. He’s so clearly violating the gag order…..
That is precisely what happened this morning.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-stormy ... 8c0d4e783f

Trump is going to end up in jail in the coming weeks. Mark my words. I think he wants it that way.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:28 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:19 am
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:
The judge SHOULD Find him in contempt. He’s so clearly violating the gag order…..

Trump is going to end up in jail in the coming weeks. Mark my words. I think he wants it that way.
Do you think that is productive in any way? This is a serious question...
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:34 am

bmw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:19 am
Rate This wrote:
bmw wrote:

Do you think someone who behaves this way should lead our nation?
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:35 am

I'd call it more "political" than "productive." I think Trump knows he's probably going to be convicted of something. So he has made the political calculation that if he ends up in jail over violating a gag order that he can argue suppression of his freedom of speech, and he'd much rather that be the point of discussion than the details of his trial. I think he also has concluded that that would soften the blow of an eventual conviction, that he can claim that the system that the system that convicted him is the same system that months prior threw him in jail for exercising his right to free speech.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:36 am

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:34 am
Do you think someone who behaves this way should lead our nation?
I've made my position on this clear - I don't think the case should have been brought in the first place and that the goal of the prosecutors is not to convict, but to tarnish and to keep Trump off the campaign trail. So to the extent I view their motives as corrupt, I do not take much issue with Trump's civil disobedience.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:40 am

Did the prosecutor create this issue or did Trump?

Have you been arrested before?
― Matt

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 am

My answer in some ways yes. It will allow Trump to continue to play the victim and may increase fund raising and it will bring MAGA's out to protest which they really haven't done with the trial.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic