Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MTG Smack down

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
TC Talks

MTG Smack down

Post by TC Talks » Wed May 08, 2024 10:10 pm

Looks like ol' Mike owes the Democrats for his job...
Speaker Mike Johnson on Wednesday easily batted down an attempt by Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia to oust him from his post, after Democrats linked arms with most Republicans to fend off a second attempt by G.O.P. hard-liners to strip the gavel from their party leader.

The vote to kill the effort was an overwhelming 359 to 43, with seven voting “present.” Democrats flocked to Mr. Johnson’s rescue, with all but 39 of them voting with Republicans to block the effort to oust him.

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bail Bonds

Re: MTG Smack down

Post by Bail Bonds » Thu May 09, 2024 4:30 am

Good. Now can they get to work on productive policies that Republicans can support?

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Thu May 09, 2024 6:34 am

Maybe we all agree on this one.

MJ seems like a good guy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am

So, only 4 Repubs voted to oust him.

I'm torn as to who the bigger jackass is - MTG or Tom Massie.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 09, 2024 6:55 am

MTG is totally gone. Too bad they can't throw her ass out.

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 09, 2024 8:45 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 6:49 am
So, only 4 Repubs voted to oust him.

I'm torn as to who the bigger jackass is - MTG or Tom Massie.
Donald Trump.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 8:45 am
Donald Trump.
Do you have Alzheimer's?
A person with Alzheimer's may do or say something over and over — like repeating a word, question or activity
https://www.alz.org/help-support/caregi ... repetition

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 am
Matt wrote:
Donald Trump.
Do you have Alzheimer's?
A person with Alzheimer's may do or say something over and over — like repeating a word, question or activity
Sorry the truth hurts you.
― Matt

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:10 am
Matt wrote:
Donald Trump.
Do you have Alzheimer's?
If you look at the shit show that is the current Republican Party and can't see that it revolves around that anti-American narcissist and that he's enabled the band of morons like MTG, Massie, and Gaetz, that is your problem.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu May 09, 2024 9:35 am

Bail Bonds wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:30 am
Good. Now can they get to work on productive policies that Republicans can support?
like the budget they already passed?
― Matt

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 09, 2024 10:01 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:34 am
If you look at the shit show that is the current Republican Party and can't see that it revolves around that anti-American narcissist and that he's enabled the band of morons like MTG, Massie, and Gaetz, that is your problem.
MTG and Gates should be kicked to the curb as far as I'm concerned. I'm not familiar with Massie. Both political parties always have had and always will have nutjobs on their fringes. Using Trump as the scapegoat for their existence is just part of your one-track mind of ORANGE MAN BAD! TRAITOR!

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:01 am
Matt wrote:
MTG and Gates should be kicked to the curb as far as I'm concerned. I'm not familiar with Massie. Both political parties always have had and always will have nutjobs on their fringes. Using Trump as the scapegoat for their existence is just part of your one-track mind of ORANGE MAN BAD! TRAITOR!
What part of "he encouraged his supporters to violently overturn the election" are you having trouble comprehending?

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu May 09, 2024 10:37 am

Matt wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:25 am
What part of "he encouraged his supporters to violently overturn the election" are you having trouble comprehending?
Holy shit, you do have Alzheimer's. We've been through this on at least 3 or 4 different occasions in here. I have very clearly stated my position that upon reviewing all the evidence publicly available, Trump did no such thing. Disagree with that all you want until you're red in the face, but we've had this exact debate in here. Multiple times.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 am

bmw wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:01 am
Matt wrote:
Actually Trumps ability to end a Republican politicians career with the snap of a finger has thus far enabled Greene, Gates, Jordan etc. to get more attention and power than they otherwise would. It’s what got them the original motion to vacate when only one person objects rule. Trump didn’t approve of this idea and it died. Make no mistake… Trump is directly in control of the fringe people. MTG defied him… he is said to be privately furious at her.

zzand

Post by zzand » Thu May 09, 2024 11:43 am

One has to wonder why voters sent these extreme types to Washington. And not just on this side of the aisle, but "The Squad" on the other side of the aisle. They all need to be voted off the island.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic