Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Debate and discussion of current events and political issues across the U.S. and throughout the World. Be forewarned -- this forum is NOT for the intellectually weak or those of you with thin skins. Don't come crying to me if you become the subject of ridicule. **Board Administrator reserves the right to revoke posting privileges based on my sole discretion**
zzand

Re: Let's talk about the merits of the NY case against Trump

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 6:57 am

Doesn't come into play where Trump is concerned. He should be allowed to do whatever he wants. He is a legend in his own mind.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 07, 2024 7:50 am

Matt wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 6:15 am
Weird that BMW continues to run cover for the felon. What happened to law and order?
If you really believe that this prosecution was brought forth for the purpose of preserving "law and order," then you're dumber than a box of rocks.

Honest question: Do you believe this case would have been brought against Trump if he had lost to Hillary and then went back to the private sector and largely got out of politics?

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 am

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with you on Trump is dumb, stupid, whatever and only your thoughts are correct?

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 07, 2024 8:03 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:59 am
Why is it that anyone who disagrees with you on Trump is dumb, stupid, whatever and only your thoughts are correct?
Is this a serious response? Have you read Matt's signature? Or is only he allowed to call people stupid?

btw - my response wasn't even about Trump per-se, but rather about the prosecution. So I'll ask you the same question. Had Trump lost to Hillary and exited politics, do you think this NY case would still ultimately have been brought against him? The alleged violations of law happened before the election, so even if he had lost, this would still be the same offense and "law and order" would still be "law and order." I believe the odds of this case having been brought in that scenario are somewhere between zero and zero - meaning, it was brought for political reasons rather than just reasons.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 am

In all honesty I never noticed his signature till you brought it up. Not something I normally look at, I laughed. I think they would still have gone after him because he is not liked in New York. You know who I really feel sorry for? His Secret Service detail. They are trying to plan for something that isn't in the playbook. Protecting him while he is in jail. I hope they are getting combat pay.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 07, 2024 8:40 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 8:24 am
I think they would still have gone after him because he is not liked in New York.
So you agree with me on the bigger picture then, that it isn't about justice, but rather that the people going after him don't like him.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 8:50 am

Nope, he is accused of breaking the law, I agree with taking it trial and finding him innocent or guilty. I simply meant they would have still gone after him breaking the law even if Clinton had won. NO ONE, even trump, is above the law, state or federal.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 07, 2024 8:56 am

They waited 8 years to bring the case. You don't wait 8 years to bring what is at the surface a misdemeanor case and elevate it to a federal felony case in an election year all because "law and order." That's not how the system works. I mean, MAYBE they bring a misdemeanor case against him in 2017 or 2018 if he had lost, but I seriously doubt even that.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 am

Today is going to be a fun day...
Ms. Daniels, who said she had sex with Mr. Trump in 2006, wanted to go public about her encounter in 2016, but Mr. Cohen made a deal to bury her story before Election Day. The former president is accused of falsifying business records to cover up his reimbursements of Mr. Cohen.

On Monday, a current and a former employee in the Trump Organization’s accounting department walked jurors through the dry but crucial financial records that tie Mr. Trump to the reimbursements.

Prosecutors are expected to ask Ms. Daniels to testify about the payment, and what led up to it. The jury has already heard from her lawyer during that period, Keith Davidson, who confirmed that he had received the payment from Mr. Cohen.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 9:09 am

I realize that you are going to stick by your opinion on this and that's fine. But just because others disagree with you doesn't make them dumb. It means they feel differently than you and that is fine too. You need to learn tolerance for those whose ideas and opinions differ from yours. Life would be boring if everyone thought alike. As for why it took them so long to bring the case, I don't know , you would have to ask them.I won't make a guess and then preach it as gospel.

bmw

Post by bmw » Tue May 07, 2024 9:17 am

My comments about being "dumber than a box of rocks" were targeted at Matt and only Matt, and only because calling people who would under any circumstance vote for Trump stupid is part of his shtick here. It isn't just his signature. He repeatedly calls me (and others) stupid or dumb or whatever whenever something even hinting at defending Trump occurs.

Other people are of course entitled to their own opinions, I don't think I've ever suggested otherwise. I do struggle though understanding how people can see the NY prosecution as anything other than politically motivated, given all the circumstances. I also find it amusing that the only reason Hillary wasn't prosecuted by the FBI for her improper handling of classified information is because she was apparently too stupid to know she was violating the law (same goes for Biden, except he was too old and forgetful to know of his violations), yet Trump - Trump, while otherwise portrayed by the media and those who don't like him as being dumber than a 5th grader, is somehow a criminal mastermind who conjures up all these grand, elaborate conspiracies to break the law for his own benefit. I'm sorry, but this just doesn't pass the smell test for me.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 9:44 am

And Trump doesn't pass the smell test for me because he is asking SCOTUS for total immunity for actions while in office. That tells me he knows he broke the law and wants SCOTUS to help him get away with it.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 10:41 am

I think the Daniel's testimony could be trouble for Trump although she will have to explain why she denied it. I think it may mean trouble for him with the Mrs. more than the trial.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Tue May 07, 2024 10:50 am

zzand wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:09 am
I realize that you are going to stick by your opinion on this and that's fine. But just because others disagree with you doesn't make them dumb. It means they feel differently than you and that is fine too. You need to learn tolerance for those whose ideas and opinions differ from yours. Life would be boring if everyone thought alike. As for why it took them so long to bring the case, I don't know , you would have to ask them.I won't make a guess and then preach it as gospel.
Most likely reason for all of these trials taking so long… the wheels of Justice turn slowly. Also the defendant has been appealing as much as he breathes and trials that would otherwise be underway already or even over haven’t started yet. So we are doing this in an election year partly because of Trumps silliness. Somehow I suspect this was deliberate.

As for why not go after him in 2017 or 2018…. They weren’t gonna touch “let’s indict a sitting President!” with a 10 foot pole. He also didn’t have his documents issue until AFTER he left office or have his election issues until shortly before he left office. Then they have to slowly and methodically investigate everything and see if charges are warranted, bring them and let the process play out. Sorry Beemer… the timeline makes sense especially with the delay tactics.

zzand

Post by zzand » Tue May 07, 2024 11:19 am

I could swear that I heard, may be mistaken, something about not being able to indict a sitting president and having to wait until they office. Not sure to be honest.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic