Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 6 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Michigan sign stealing scandal

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
TC Talks

Re: Michigan sign stealing scandal

Post by TC Talks » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:08 pm

Who's going to win Saturday?

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:13 pm

TC Talks wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:08 pm
Who's going to win Saturday?
Spead is UM -3.5. O/U number is 46.5. Tough game to call...I would lean OSU just because of the hook, but probably will be a no play for me.
The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:40 am

Honeyman wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:16 am
MasterB wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:58 am
Graham Wellington wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:31 pm
Congrats to Michigan on 1000 wins. Just think, they'll get to do it again in a couple years.
Vacating wins is meaningless I'll count win 1,000 even if the NCAA takes away wins when they were on video and TV can't deny they never happen. Plus the fans have the championship T-shirts & caps and other merch.
Do you still count the wins from the Fab Four scandal that were vacated? Even the university took those banners down due to the cheating.
Yes, I do Michigan shouldn't have fired Steve Fisher or taken the banners down either. How I feel about it. Lou shouldn't have taken the banner and given the National Championship Trophy back either they should've made NCAA to take them to court to get it back. I'm a bigger MSU fan in basketball than I am of Michigan I'll root for them when they don't play MSU in basketball, I'm a fan undecided when it comes to football I don't lose either way.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:02 am

Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:28 pm
I might add that if Michigan parted ways with Harbaugh after this season my only hesitation is whether Michigan can shake the old coaching tree and find a juicy replacement.
If they shake any coaching trees lets get somebody who vaguely knows the colors are maize and blue... no more Michigan Men (TM).
I get your point and don't disagree but that whole "Michigan Man" thing is overblown.

When Bo said it in 1989 it was because Bill Frieder announced before the tournament he was going to take the job at ASU but was planning to coach the team through the tournament.
How often does a coach keep coaching his current team after he announces he is leaving for another coaching job at another school?

And after he was gone and Steve fisher (Illinois State grad) was gone they hired 3 straight basketball coaches that were not "Michigan Men". Brian Ellerbe, Tommy Amaker and John Beilein .
And what is a "Michigan Man" anyway?
Gary Moeller played at Ohio State, Lloyd Carr played at Missouri and Northern Michigan. Rich Rod had no Michigan connections at all. Heck, even Bo who uttered the words played at Miami of Ohio.
I no longer directly engage trolls

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:24 am

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:02 am
Rate This wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:59 pm
craig11152 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:28 pm
I might add that if Michigan parted ways with Harbaugh after this season my only hesitation is whether Michigan can shake the old coaching tree and find a juicy replacement.
If they shake any coaching trees lets get somebody who vaguely knows the colors are maize and blue... no more Michigan Men (TM).
I get your point and don't disagree but that whole "Michigan Man" thing is overblown.

When Bo said it in 1989 it was because Bill Frieder announced before the tournament he was going to take the job at ASU but was planning to coach the team through the tournament.
How often does a coach keep coaching his current team after he announces he is leaving for another coaching job at another school?

And after he was gone and Steve fisher (Illinois State grad) was gone they hired 3 straight basketball coaches that were not "Michigan Men". Brian Ellerbe, Tommy Amaker and John Beilein .
And what is a "Michigan Man" anyway?
Gary Moeller played at Ohio State, Lloyd Carr played at Missouri and Northern Michigan. Rich Rod had no Michigan connections at all. Heck, even Bo who uttered the words played at Miami of Ohio.
It has to do with not hiring people with zero connection to the place. Moeller had a ton of connection to Michigan when he got the job. So did Lloyd Carr. Then there was Hoke and now Harbaugh.

Ellerbe, Rich Rod, Amaker and Beilein indeed had no connections. But the football program since Bo has basically become a “you better hire a michigan man!” Show. And if you are connected to Bo somehow you get double points. Rich Rod got run out on a rail before he could even get anything really going and part of that was that he was an outsider and the locals didn’t like him.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:48 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:24 am

It has to do with not hiring people with zero connection to the place. Moeller had a ton of connection to Michigan when he got the job. So did Lloyd Carr. Then there was Hoke and now Harbaugh.

Ellerbe, Rich Rod, Amaker and Beilein indeed had no connections. But the football program since Bo has basically become a “you better hire a michigan man!” Show. And if you are connected to Bo somehow you get double points. Rich Rod got run out on a rail before he could even get anything really going and part of that was that he was an outsider and the locals didn’t like him.

Rich Rod got run out of town because he was 6-18 in the Big 10 and 15-22 overall.
Brady Hoke got run out just as fast (minus his 11-2 first season.)
They both had 3 mediocre to bad years and they were gone.

Of the names you mentioned I would argue only Brady Hoke made no sense from a resume standpoint. And he was hired by David Brandon, who was not on anybody's list of great AD's.
So I still say the whole Michigan Man thing is overblown.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:48 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:24 am

Rich Rod got run out of town because he was 6-18 in the Big 10 and 15-22 overall.
Brady Hoke got run out just as fast (minus his 11-2 first season.)
They both had 3 mediocre to bad years and they were gone.

Of the names you mentioned I would argue only Brady Hoke made no sense from a resume standpoint. And he was hired by David Brandon, who was not on anybody's list of great AD's.
So I still say the whole Michigan Man thing is overblown.
Rich Rod didn’t get enough of a chance and was a year away from doing something… Hokes first team was all Rich Rod people. Hire and keep a top tier coach from a completely different conference who has vaguely heard of Michigan and we can say it’s overblown. But I’d be willing to bet the next dozen coaches will be people who have been there before.

craig11152

Post by craig11152 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:22 pm

Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm
Rich Rod didn’t get enough of a chance and was a year away from doing something… Hokes first team was all Rich Rod people. Hire and keep a top tier coach from a completely different conference who has vaguely heard of Michigan and we can say it’s overblown. But I’d be willing to bet the next dozen coaches will be people who have been there before.
When he left here he was 24-30 (conference) in the PAC 12 over 8 years at Arizona.
The notion that he was about to turn it all around is nothing more than conjecture.

Rate This

Post by Rate This » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:17 pm

craig11152 wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:22 pm
Rate This wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm
When he left here he was 24-30 (conference) in the PAC 12 over 8 years at Arizona.
The notion that he was about to turn it all around is nothing more than conjecture.
He couldn't be so terrible that he wouldn't get darn close to where Hoke did. That's more of an educated guess than simple conjecture.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:09 pm

Here's another opinion

“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:05 pm

Stakes are clear for Michigan: Beat Ohio State or be labeled a gigantic fraud--- Dan Wolken/USA Today

If the Wolverines fall to Ohio State on Saturday, Michigan will never live down the conclusion that it flipped this rivalry by cheating.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 687354007/

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:09 pm

Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:27 pm

Had trouble understanding what Klatt was saying with Harbaughs dick so deep in his mouth

Matt

Post by Matt » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:38 pm

Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:27 pm
Had trouble understanding what Klatt was saying with Harbaughs dick so deep in his mouth
It's ok to admit you don't know much about football.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

**This space lives rent-free in BMW's head**

Honeyman

Post by Honeyman » Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:46 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:38 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 10:27 pm
It's ok to admit you don't know much about football.
Strong comeback.

EDIT: Sorry, I actually hadn't listened to Klatts commentary because I believe he is so much of a hack. I understand your joke now after listening to his idiocy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic