Acceptable registrations in the queue through May 12 at 7:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Goff $212M/4 years

No $8 beers here... just a place to discuss your favorite Sports Teams, classic & current events in the world of sports, and share your Sports knowledge!
Honeyman

Re: Goff $212M/4 years

Post by Honeyman » Tue May 14, 2024 11:24 pm

Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:35 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 8:15 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 7:16 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 5:26 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 4:17 pm
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 2:48 pm
You realize the coach has very little to do with trades, don't you? He might offer input, but that is the duty of the GM and his staff. Or do you want to recklessly trash Brad Holmes too?
If he didn't have significant bearing on the decisions he wouldn't have been dropping "We" "We" "We" all over. What is he then, a little piggie?

Quoted for emphasis:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 12:41 pm
They said that they had a plan and didn't want to deviate from it. They had opportunity and everyone saw that. Except him.
“Brad and I said from Day 1, man, we have a plan in place that we don’t want to alter,” Campbell said Tuesday. “We don’t want to mess with that and we’re in Year 3 of this right now.
https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/501902 ... ad-holmes/
https://archive.is/RPNQv
Lay off the crack pipe
I’m literally citing a source that says what I said and you’re telling me to lay off the crack pipe? Grow up.
No, you are trying to blame Campbell, who has done a masterful job coaching this team, for not making trades, simply because he used the term "we". Of a team he is the head coach of. Your point shows zero grasp of the workings of a professional sports franchise.

I apologize for calling you a crackhead. You're just a simple idiot.
His exact words were Brad and I. His exact words were “we”. Clearly, he is involved in these decisions based on that.

Facts shouldn’t make you so angry. Calm down.
What do you think the GM is responsible for on a football team?

Who do you think hired Dan Campbell?

The censorship king from out of state.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed May 15, 2024 1:55 am

Well earned for Jared Goff Congrats on the new deal will be a discount in a year or 2 just how the market works for QBs. I thought that Goff was just going to be a stop gap for 2 years proved me wrong which I'm glad he did. As for Maxx Crosby the Raiders weren't going to trade Crosby I didn't hear his name on the trade block at the trade deadline, I would've liked to have Maxx on the Lions since he grew up in Michigan is pretty good DE.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 am

Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:24 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
You realize the coach has very little to do with trades, don't you? He might offer input, but that is the duty of the GM and his staff. Or do you want to recklessly trash Brad Holmes too?
If he didn't have significant bearing on the decisions he wouldn't have been dropping "We" "We" "We" all over. What is he then, a little piggie?

Quoted for emphasis:
Bail Bonds wrote:
They said that they had a plan and didn't want to deviate from it. They had opportunity and everyone saw that. Except him.
“Brad and I said from Day 1, man, we have a plan in place that we don’t want to alter,” Campbell said Tuesday. “We don’t want to mess with that and we’re in Year 3 of this right now.
Lay off the crack pipe
I’m literally citing a source that says what I said and you’re telling me to lay off the crack pipe? Grow up.
No, you are trying to blame Campbell, who has done a masterful job coaching this team, for not making trades, simply because he used the term "we". Of a team he is the head coach of. Your point shows zero grasp of the workings of a professional sports franchise.

His exact words were Brad and I. His exact words were “we”. Clearly, he is involved in these decisions based on that.

Who hired the GM??

Dude, the GM doesn’t make these moves on his own and Campbell himself said him and Holmes made the decision together. I am now walking away from this weird argument out of embarrassment that you’ve chosen this hill to die on.

Bail Bonds

Post by Bail Bonds » Wed May 15, 2024 3:21 am

Bail Bonds wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 3:20 am
Honeyman wrote:
Tue May 14, 2024 11:24 pm
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Honeyman wrote:

Quoted for emphasis:
Bail Bonds wrote:
Lay off the crack pipe

Dude, the GM doesn’t make these moves on his own and Campbell himself said him and Holmes made the decision together. I am now walking away from this weird argument out of embarrassment that you’ve chosen this hill to die on.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic