Welcome to the Buzzboard! By viewing or posting any content on this site, you are agreeing to the TERMS OF USE! So, please take a moment to read them if this is your first visit or have not done so in a while. All accepted registrations through Sunday, November 23 at 1:30p ET have been activated.  

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: K2
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm 

Is this stuff reefer mania all over again or a legitimate threat?

Post subject: Re: K2
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 11:32 am 

Big difference here. K2 is a designer drug that nobody's even sure what it is capable to doing to you. All we know it's put a lot of people in the hospital. Marijuana is natural and from a plant. You be the judge.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 2:52 pm 

I'd love to be the judge but no one is giving a scientific description of this drug or an explanation of what it is exactly designed to do. "Get you high" or "make you hallucinate" or whatever anyone wants to say about it really isn't a satisfactory explanation, especially when it isn't grounded in any type of study. I'd like to learn more but all we get is some video on the television of a dad crying about it. Sorry, but I'd like to know more before we start the witch hunt. Sure, suspend sales of it for now, but only if there is a legitimate reason and if there will be studies conducted to understand it's effect and how it causes such an effect. All I see is a propaganda film against it when I turn on FOX2 and it's a shame. Let's get some experts in on this, not some idiot working at a gas station, freaking him out with bad publicity or showing a broken hearted father. C'mon, we'e more reasonable people than this, aren't we?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:06 pm 

I agree with you on the point about not relying off of mainstream media. I check out other news sources and do my own research and use my own experiences before forming my own opinions.

In lieu of this, think about how many people get sent to the hospital or die from overdosing on prescription drugs. You can get sick off them as well. In fact, I got kinda woozy using Flonase for my allergies last night. Watch the evening news breaks and you see nearly non-stop, back-to-back prescription drug ads. Neverneding images on TV of wonderful, shiny, happy people doing what they want in life because they're all on drugs! Oh but since the government and the media says it's okay to take them then no problem. But dont you DARE fire up a marijuana joint since the government says so!

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:28 pm 

Give K2 to sex offenders, lock them in a room and put it in TV for everyone's entertainment. I'd watch, let them kill each other.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:24 pm 

I notice that it is mainly gas stations this stuff is being sold in. Maybe if the people who sold it could read the packaging they wouldn't sell it. Or maybe they can read it and that's why they sell it. Just an observation.

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. - Maya Angelou

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm 

There's some suspicion that this stuff may be causing people to literally go completely nuts out of their mind. In the space of one week, a guy in New Jersey rips out his guts and throws them at the cops. In Miami, a guy attacks another guy and rips off his face and eats it. And in Maryland a guy dismembers his roommate and eats his brain and heart. Of course toxicology tests take over a month so it'll be awhile before we know.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:59 pm 

We should give some to GG and see if he eats an animal's winky. :lol

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:24 pm 

Maybe this is what happened with that kid down in Tampa. They found drugs in his system and he was a known dealer. Look at the photos of the guy he brutalized the next day. Probably just flipped out on him after smoking this stuff

My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors. - Maya Angelou

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:33 pm 

that kid who crazy shit happened who took k2 to in wyandotte is my brothers nabor.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 am 

http://record-eagle.com/local/x728819847/Apparent-halt-in-spice-sales

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:13 pm 

Well it's gonna be banned under a new federal law.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/201 ... hetic_drug

---You know, if the Federal government can pass any laws they want over all fifty states, then why dont we help balance the budget by just simply doing away with the concept of states???? No more governors, state capitals, state reps. We'd save billions upon billions because we dont need them. They dont even have any power anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:23 pm 

They suspect that the two kids who attacked the ones family, killing the father and seriously wounding the mother and brother were on K2. Also, the kid murdered by his grandmother supposedly had K2 in his system according to the ME.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 am 

radio stain wrote:
Well it's gonna be banned under a new federal law.

http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/201 ... hetic_drug

---You know, if the Federal government can pass any laws they want over all fifty states, then why dont we help balance the budget by just simply doing away with the concept of states???? No more governors, state capitals, state reps. We'd save billions upon billions because we dont need them. They dont even have any power anymore.

One could say the same about the federal government...

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:53 pm 

We had some fool wandering around town stealing phones from old women, all tweaked on this stuff. Synthetic Pot manufacturing will become the next Meth Lab, mark my word.

Quote:
In a video posted on YouTube, an unidentified man shows how it's done, using damiana, a Mexican shrub, as the base. All you need is some legal plant material and some chemical powders that can be easily ordered from overseas labs.

"Anybody with a working knowledge of chemistry, or that can follow a simple set of directions, can obtain and mix these substances and create these compounds," says James Burns, a special agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration in upstate New York.

Most states have already moved to ban some synthetic cannabinoids — the chemical compounds that are the key ingredient in synthetic marijuana. But Burns says it's not that simple.

"You have people that are very good with chemistry, that continue to manipulate the molecular structure of these substances," he says. "So that they are creating analogues, or substances that are similar to those that have been banned."

The result is a big game of cat and mouse. The government outlaws a certain compound or family of compounds. But then producers tweak the chemical formula of their products to skirt the law.
http://www.npr.org/2012/07/12/156615024 ... regulators
I say let it roll and just arm yourself better... Below is the government's plan on drug control